Breaking Bad, funny

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by bluharley, Aug 10, 2014.

1. bluharley

bluharley Member

I'm just watching the pilot of Breaking Bad again. the brother-in-law cop is showing off his Glock 22, and he says load it up with +P+ loads, and don't worry about the caliber being 9mm. Then says use a .40. But haven't I read recently that no Glock is designed for +P, let alone +P+? The first time I watched this, that part meant nothing! See, you guys are making me smart!!!

2. cktvt

cktvt Member

I use standard loads in mine but I though Glock 9s were OK for +P.

3. Kiln

Kiln Member

No gun is designed for +P+ and if you tell them you've been shooting it in your gun, they probably won't service it if it fails.

Glocks don't have a fully supported chamber but some shoot +P in their Glocks anyways.

4. cktvt

cktvt Member

Oh yeah, that chamber "gap" in the Glocks. OK, I never go above standard loads in my 9s anyway (and never reload, which can be a problem with poorly supported cases).

5. Kiln

Kiln Member

It seems like almost all of the Glocks I've seen (online only) that kaboomed were .40S&W versions. I guess that casing's design and power might make it more likely to cause failures.

6. cktvt

cktvt Member

I have a Glock 40 but its converted to 357 sig. The conversion barrel is fully supported so KABOOMs are very unlikely.

7. j_inmon

j_inmon Member

Get ready, it's goning to get a lot darker. Great show. They did a really good job of showing how someone becomes evil. Small step by small step. By the last season you look back at the first and it's hard to believe it's the same guy.

8. bluharley

bluharley Member

I had never heard of the show, until late night talk shows started having stars as guests when the show was wrapping up. About 6 months ago on a holiday weekend, a channel had a marathon, all 5 years, every show, over the long weekend. In 5 days I watched the entire production! that was great! My dvr would be recording while I played catch up. Thankfully, they would take a break from about 4 to 10am. I had to keep watching so my dvr didn't fill up. Great show!

9. cktvt

cktvt Member

Yeah, I hate to Meth an epi-thode. :D

10. Branth

Branth Member

I was shaking my head by the end of that series. Walt is pretty bright, but he always seems to take the exact wrong course of action.