Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So about 2 weeks ago, me and the boyfriend take a trip to Milwaukee. We spend about 2 hours looking for this store called "The Bunker" that sells a range of military surplus and shtf goodies.

We never find the damn place, my gps is a little snot.
So I decide we'll go to the second place I looked up.

Turns out the 2nd place we were looking for changed its name. (Originally was Badger Guns, now it's Brew City Shooters Supply)

I chuckled a bit when we pulled up.

This store is about a mile from the actual road you go onto to get to it, it looks like a prison, and it has about 10 of these large concrete blocks placed right outside the one little door and windows (I think we can figure what those are for, lol). Not to mention, all the windows plus the door, are layered with metal grids. I'm surprised we didn't walk into what looked like a front for a drug market.

So we walk inside this "intimidating" door, and we see two big signs. One states, "ONLY 21 OR OLDER ALLOWED", and the other said, "NO CELLPHONES BEYOND THIS POINT". I just recently heard that there's more signs saying you cannot look at a firearm UNLESS you are a MEMBER of this store.

By the way, you must have training certified by the store to become a member. (Counts especially if you want to use their indoor range).

We took one little peek in through the glass door to the main room. After seeing the signs, outraged, we walked out.

I know this is Milwaukee, I know many agree firearm stores (especially Milwaukee) should be this cautionary.

When there are those who are trained with firearms and are more comfortable with them than many ABOVE 18 or 21, it's a shame.
Many will say, "this will decrease firearm incidents in Milwaukee greatly". If the thugs really wanted to, they'll just go to the other 10+ stores in the area. They'll go beyond that. Ever hear of the black market, people?

No cellphones? What, is that so thugs can't call their other thuggles for the OK to run in? Or ram through the building? (That's why there are the concrete blocks)
I mean, I see where they're getting at, but when you start dragging down the rights of those who do not intend to drive a vehicle through the wall and throw bullets, that's when it's too much.

What do you guys think about this?

Well, i'm just another person that will never go back to that store. Even when i'm 21 or older. :mad:

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Not for nuthin'.... Stores like that usually have the best stuff and are like that to protect their business. You aren't walking into a Walmart if you have to follow rules like that.

·
Hi Point Fanatic
1,391 Posts
"only me or zed, does any killing in 'my' store" :p

& kri, agreed it's messed up. i'd conclude they've been compromised previously which likely lead to all the signage & barricades. might even get some sort of break on their insurance rates too w/all that additional 'protection'.

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
I have been to a private range/store similar to this while I lived in Kalifornistan... Old friend of my Dad's was a member.. I was only like 15 at the time... Big signs saying MEMBERS ONLY... of course this was prior to cell phones being so common... As I recall.. Yeold is right.. They did seem to have lots and lots of really cool stuff...

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Like HIGH-end jewelry stores. They buzz you in. Doors are always locked and parking lots are monitored. Usually the better things in merchandise come with higher security.

·
lazy city worker
1,916 Posts
well i think its a bit overboard. buzzing in, security....sure

HAVING to be a member of the store to HANDLE a firearm ? no thanks, my bet is they are all douchebags too

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
I dont get it. what would they have that a regular firearms store dosn't? there are a few stores in my area with full auto/ silencers etc. and they are jsut as happy to see new customers as any other. so what high end stuff is the general public missing out on?

just irks me, like when a guy in a plad shirt and blue jeans walks into a car dealer and asks to see a corvette , then gets laughed at...

until he pays in cash.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I live just miles from brew city guns.... That being said I wouldn't visit that store if it was the only gun shop in the state. It has the security it has for a reason. It has a history of selling the highest number of "straw buyer" guns in wisconsin that have ended up used in firearm related crimes. If you look at its licsencing history its ffl has been passed among about 3 or 4 family members in the past 12/ 14 years. This is my personal opinion...
They have a reputation of selling guns and being nonchalante about how they follow ffl dealer regulations. The policies, signs, and their method of doing business now, is a direct result of how they did things in the past. Now its biting them in their a$#. I personally feel they are one of the type of dealers fueling the frenzy and driving up prices.
If your interested...
The next time you come to milwaukee, there are 2 gander mountain gun worlds in the area one north and one south of milwaukee. We also have a cabellas north of town but I.m not sure I'm as impressed with cabellas as I use to be.
also in milwaukee there are 2 smaller gun shops that offer range facilitiys, instruction, and an over all more personable approach to customer service. Check out Fletcher arms, and The Shooters shop. I have delt with shooters for class 3 purchases, and Fletchers in general for over 30 years.
If your looking for any information on either place let me know I'll help all I can.
Again my opinion. I value customer service. I recognize when a dealer is really trying to work with me or for me... verses the place that is trying to take advantage of the current state of retail firearm sales
And just fyi The store called the bunker I believe is in menominee falls. There is also 3 other stores in waukesha: Wisconsin tactical, tactical toy store, and midwest industries.
come on back again, you can spend a day browsing for that new click bang fun thing.
Scott

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
If you look at its licsencing history its ffl has been passed among about 3 or 4 family members in the past 12/ 14 years. This is my personal opinion...
OK, I don't get it:( Have you actually looked up the company history or not? Writing crap on any website without facts make one look, well, full of bull and meant to abase something that may, in fact, be legitimate.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
My opinion is based on media reports by several types of media. Not just a single report.

·
lazy city worker
1,916 Posts
just irks me, like when a guy in a plad shirt and blue jeans walks into a car dealer and asks to see a corvette , then gets laughed at...

until he pays in cash.
i worked with a guy whos wife died b4 he retired. he got a large insurance policy AND her retirement.

he wanted to buy an RV to travel the country with his kids too, a really nice one

he pulled into the lot in a city work truck, asked the salesman how much one was "like that right there" and the guy said...oh those are expensive, and directed him to little ones

the guy bought a $200k-ish one elsewhere and faxed all the stuff to the other dealership with a note explaining what happened, and yeah...he paid cash im sure. this was back around 1998 when interest rates were high

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
There is a difference between financed price and cash price, too. Don't believe it, try it sometime.;)

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
There is a difference between financed price and cash price, too. Don't believe it, try it sometime.;)
there always is, but most "business men" types are caterd to when it comes to buying expensive things, and they are usually in debt up to there eyeballs.

i do want to know though what these high end firearms could be. not just because im refuting it. but becasue i want to know what guns you cant get at a regular ffl, that arent illegal.

·
Administrator
24,925 Posts
Found that out when we bought the new truck I just wrecked. BBV was 13,500 List price was 11,500 we financed it and they added a 1,500 finance fee making the OTD cost 13,000, not including interest.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Remember the short-lived show "American Gun" (because the network dropped it after the Sandyhook massacre) and Sons of Guns? Those are locked gun shops. Not all locked gun shops have had TV show, lol. Come on people. It's a big world out there away from the computer.

·
Administrator
24,925 Posts
Red Jacket used to be a "by appointment only" shop back in the day. The LGS owned by a former firefighter from my department is a locked shop. He is only open to the public 3 days a week and everything else is BAO.

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
Remember the short-lived show "American Gun" (because the network dropped it after the Sandyhook massacre) and Sons of Guns? Those are locked gun shops. Not all locked gun shops have had TV show, lol. Come on people. It's a big world out there away from the computer.
yeah get away from my computer, and get infront of the tv! gosh how could i forget about those awessome "gun shops" that assembled saiga's shotguns for people with lots of money.

to me it sounds like snobs and a** holes not "high end"

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i think its a bit overboard. buzzing in, security....sure

HAVING to be a member of the store to HANDLE a firearm ? no thanks, my bet is they are all douchebags too
Lol that's what I was thinking. Gun snobs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts