Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who noticed, the site was out briefly this evening, morning, whatever. I had performed some database maintenance earlier in the day and forgot to complete a last step. No data loss or corruption resulted. It was simply a finalizing step that got missed.

This forum software is much more complex than our previous system, and requires additional steps when performing maintenance.

For those that didn't notice, carry on.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
For anyone who noticed, the site was out briefly this evening, morning, whatever. I had performed some database maintenance earlier in the day and forgot to complete a last step. No data loss or corruption resulted. It was simply a finalizing step that got missed.

This forum software is much more complex than our previous system, and requires additional steps when performing maintenance.

For those that didn't notice, carry on.
So, my missing posts aren't due to the outage-I guess you deleted them on purpose then.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Considering that I was made aware of the problem at 12:18am and the problem was corrected by 12:45am, during which time no one was able to post. I fail to see how any "missing posts" could be a result of the issue.

Also the error that was generated, "Incorrect key file for table './corelogi_hipoint2/log_online.MYI';" has nothing what so ever to do with posts or post data, but rather with who is logged on or not,... if you weren't logged in your posting options would have been extremely limited.

If you do in fact have posts that are missing, perhaps giving me a time frame during which you posted them and the titles would be more helpful, since we know it wasn't during the outage.

According to the logs, I have the following as your last 10 posts;

1    Administration / Announcements, Stickies and Tutorials / Re: Brief Site Outage   on: Today at 07:13:06  - (Obviously, this thread)
2    Other Topics of Interest / Lounge / Re: Who is your favorite moderator?   on: Today at 07:11:20
3    Other Topics of Interest / Other Brands of Firearms / Re: New AR 15   on: 06 March 2009, 05:55:16
4    Hi-Point Firearms Discussion / Hi-Point Carbines / Re: 15 round clip legal in CO   on: 05 March 2009, 16:30:34
5    Other Topics of Interest / Curio & Relic Zone / Re: Romak-3/PSL   on: 03 March 2009, 16:04:35
6    Administration / Hi-Point Suggestion Zone / Re: 1911   on: 03 March 2009, 15:50:15
7    Other Topics of Interest / Tech Tips / Re: Jamming 10/22   on: 01 March 2009, 19:33:18
8    Other Topics of Interest / Lounge / Re: Movie: Gran Torino   on: 28 February 2009, 22:55:20
9    Other Topics of Interest / Other Brands of Firearms / Re: Wow, thats just nifty....   on: 28 February 2009, 19:13:08
10  Other Topics of Interest / Other Brands of Firearms / Re: Not sure where this would go but I need help.   on: 25 February 2009, 20:40:19

If you have others you think should be there that aren't, providing some info would be more helpful than accusations. I don't moderate the forum anyway, everyone knows that. So if a post does get removed, locked or deleted very, very rarely was it because of me.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
There are a couple of the 'passing remark' variety which were short and only mildly informative that did post successfully but are no longer there. I am not particularly distressed over their disappearance but would like to be told when and why any posts are deleted as I do not post with the intention of being adversarial.

As to the assumed antagonism towards you--my remark was assumptory rather than accusatory. If I seemed hostile, that was not my intent and I'll tender any necessary apologies.

I do find the timing interesting; I have had posts disappear in the past without comment by any moderators...

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are a couple of the 'passing remark' variety which were short and only mildly informative that did post successfully but are no longer there. I am not particularly distressed over their disappearance but would like to be told when and why any posts are deleted as I do not post with the intention of being adversarial.

As to the assumed antagonism towards you--my remark was assumptory rather than accusatory. If I seemed hostile, that was not my intent and I'll tender any necessary apologies.

I do find the timing interesting; I have had posts disappear in the past without comment by any moderators...
NP. Perhaps one of the other Admins or Mods can chime in on the missing posts issue. I am completely in the dark on that one.

·
Registered
17,728 Posts
I don't know anything about it either NDS, but I can guarantee you I'll find out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.