Bring back the old grips

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by p7196, Apr 21, 2008.

1. p7196

p7196 Guest

Bring back the old style grips like HP once had. It would improve on the looks and feel of all the pistols.

2. Whiskey

Whiskey Guest

Yes indeed. The old-style grips gave the HP some real asthetic appeal and make the whole firearm seem more proportionate. How about a grip kit?

3. I'm not sure whether you are talking about the shape (as it fits the hand), or the stickiness (as it resists being wrested from the grip because of kickback).

I may not have the same reference point, but I have an old Iberia .40, with hard plastic grips. These are not particularly 'sticky', nor do they really fit the hand. OK? yes. That's about it.

On the other hand, the grips of my C9 fit the hand much better, and -- with a Hogue grip -- really latch onto your extremities like an aroused octopus. This I love.

4. p7196

p7196 Guest

Farmkid I was referring to the style grips on my older JC.40 . These are what I am talking about. I saw a set like this on a C9 and it felt great in the hand. It is not as finger friendly as the current design. But I like the stippling on the grip. They are a little thinner and feel good to the hand. Maybe for the fun of it slip a Houge over them and it would feel awesome.
    [​IMG]

5. Ari

Ari Guest

Make them yourself. Should not be too tough. The ones on the C9 sure fit my hand nicely . But they are just panels cant be to hard.

6. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

I think we have a spammer on the board. kungfu888, if you have nothing to add to the topic, stay the effing h**l off the board.

7. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

Well, you could always try to fit 1911 grips on your Hi-Point, might need some adjustment, but worth a shot?

8. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

grips arent just panels. they have working parts, springs an dother htings behind them. it is possible (ive done it in wood) but very difcult for a novice. a new mold design and selling them as ana cesory from HP is a more realistic option.

SW

9. mcdonl

mcdonl Member

I saw some grips that bushmaster is working on for the .40... WOW... they look awesome!!

Leroy

10. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

lol...1911 grips would definitly not work since the screws are different :embarrassed2:, the old JC may have accomodated 1911 grips.

Any links to that mcdonl?

11. i have a bit of diamond plate layin around i have wondered if it would be hard make me some grips.... guess ill have to keep an eye out and if i get bored enough just make me a set...lol riiiiight

12. I do like the c9 grips but I would like a firm rubber grip. 8) I love the style of grips that taurus has on the ss revolver line. They are firm and give you good grip even if your hands are wet .. ^-^ Even if Hi-Point would offer a different grip as an optional add on I would purchase a set ..

13. popscythe

popscythe Member

I would really like a grip that feels more substantial, even if the overall weight of the weapon was further increased. It's already the heaviest, adding 6 oz to weight the handle so it isn't balanced like a brick on a cardboard toilet paper tube would make me a very happy man.

14. +100 on a grips kit

I would like to see a readilly available wood grip. Maybe with a check pattern for the C9. or maybe just a check pattern done on the grips they have now would be nice. I like the way the grip fits to my hand but they could be more slip resistant for those cold days.