Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Absolutely incredible. And he shot him from the hip... WOW.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
OMG :wideeyed2:

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I love watching that clip, from the safety of my own home of course. So many hunts now are 'canned' that it's nice to see one that is obviously for real.

-'b

·
Administrator
24,938 Posts
Haven't seen this video in a long time.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was kinda rootin' for the lion on that one.

May have still been a captive hunt, with the animal in a confined area -- real sporting.:rolleyes: It might explain why the animal charged. Male lions are not overly agressive, but it was probably cornered in the enclosure.

I'm no bunny-hugger. I am all for hunting. But in my book, if you kill it you'd better eat it. I've eaten lion. It's no delicacy. Trophy hunting endangered species is for insecure, latent homosexual @holes with big wallets and small penises. Just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Canned hunt or not, that was one helleva close call; the guy kept his cool and plugged Simba at the last possible moment.

·
Just a Man
14,185 Posts

May have still been a captive hunt, with the animal in a confined area -- real sporting.:rolleyes: It might explain why the animal charged. Male lions are not overly agressive, but it was probably cornered in the enclosure.

I'm no bunny-hugger. I am all for hunting. But in my book, if you kill it you'd better eat it. I've eaten lion. It's no delicacy. Trophy hunting endangered species is for insecure, latent homosexual @holes with big wallets and small penises. Just my humble opinion.
Which also is one of the big money raisers for the conservation of many other endangered species....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Which also is one of the big money raisers for the conservation of many other endangered species....
You know what else promotes the conservation of endangered species?

Not shooting them!

I'm sure that's the story they stick to in order to justify what they do. But I seriously doubt if any but the smallest percentage actually goes to conserving anything apart from their business. And the money they do donate to conservation is probably a tax writeoff for them.

Raising the license fees on deer, elk and boar by a couple of bucks would probably generate far more funds for animal conservation than a few over-compensating individuals paying to shoot a caged animal.

Jeebus... You might as well go to a petting zoo and shoot a cow. At least the cow would be good to eat.

·
Just a Man
14,185 Posts
You know what else promotes the conservation of endangered species?

Not shooting them!

I'm sure that's the story they stick to in order to justify what they do. But I seriously doubt if any but the smallest percentage actually goes to conserving anything apart from their business. And the money they do donate to conservation is probably a tax writeoff for them.

Raising the license fees on deer, elk and boar by a couple of bucks would probably generate far more funds for animal conservation than a few over-compensating individuals paying to shoot a caged animal.

Jeebus... You might as well go to a petting zoo and shoot a cow. At least the cow would be good to eat.
Well it's your opinion... You're entitled to it..... Stupid or not. No one eats coyotes.... Guess we shouldn't shoot them...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well it's your opinion... You're entitled to it..... Stupid or not. No one eats coyotes.... Guess we shouldn't shoot them...
Kind of a red herring logic fallacy there. Coyotes aren't endangered, are they?

As a matter of fact they are pests in my suburban neighborhood. Not too many rabbits, squirrels, possums, or stray cats 'round these parts anymore.

·
Administrator
24,938 Posts
If you watch the 2:40 video it will tell you there were two lions they tracked, shot and wounded one, lost them, then tracked them for 2 hours when the wounded lion circled back on them and charged. I don't care if this was a canned hunt, or a free-range hunt. That dude pulled a rabbit out of his ass with that shot plain and simple. If it had been me, the only kind of shorts that would have hidden the massive load of crap in them would have been the UPS delivery guy's uniform because the color would have been spot on.

·
Just a Man
14,185 Posts
Kind of a red herring logic fallacy there. Coyotes aren't endangered, are they?

As a matter of fact they are pests in my suburban neighborhood. Not too many rabbits, squirrels, possums, or stray cats 'round these parts anymore.
Kind of an d-bag attitude to call someone small dick*d because you don't approve of their hunting. My point being as you stated, you should eat what you shoot... Just because ones endangered, and ones not shouldn't excuse the behavior..... Anything else is just your own personal opinion..... That I'm sure the antis love.

·
Hey! Get Off My Lawn!
3,576 Posts
Wolves in Idaho are considered endangered. I'd imagine they also taste like crap, but I wouldn't hesitate for a second to shoot one. I'd also figure out a way to have the carcass taxidermied. :p

·
Mike.357
610 Posts
I ain't eating a coyote but I'd kill one here and not think twice. The cattle farmers would be thanking me.

I have had several drinking from the wardens water thing in the front flower bed and we had had them on the porch before sniffing the front door. Dang things always run like hell when I pop out the door with a rifle. Ain't hit one yet that I know of, but I have taken a few shots.

Which guy got the lion?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts

I doubt you've eaten lion. Otherwise you wouldn't be touting it as "not a delicacy" and downing people who hunt lion.

It's delicious and you're wrong.

Here's a couple photos from my African adventures, I'll try to conjure up some of the eating lion bits, and the rug in my bedroom (sadly it's not a lion)

Plant Tree Mammal Sky Grass
Black Hat Sharing T-shirt Leisure
Cloud Water Sky Water resources Mountain
Sky Plant Nature Natural landscape Terrestrial plant

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Kind of an d-bag attitude to call someone small dick*d because you don't approve of their hunting. My point being as you stated, you should eat what you shoot... Just because ones endangered, and ones not shouldn't excuse the behavior..... Anything else is just your own personal opinion..... That I'm sure the antis love.
I'm pretty sure Sigmund Freud would agree with me.

All the real hunters I know are true custodians of the planet. They understand their role in keeping populations in balance. They don't kill animals to collect a trophy and bolster an insecure ego.

Your canned hunting conservationists aren't doing a very good job, by the way. There are more lions and tigers in captivity than there are in the wild. And that is not an opinion.

I wouldn't eat a coyote just as I wouldn't eat a rat, I differentiate between hunting and pest control. I killed a mouse in my garage a few weeks ago. I don't claim that I was hunting it. Maybe I should have had the head stuffed and mounted, so I could show everyone what a [email protected] killer I am.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I doubt you've eaten lion. Otherwise you wouldn't be touting it as "not a delicacy" and downing people who hunt lion.

It's delicious and you're wrong.

Here's a couple photos from my African adventures, I'll try to conjure up some of the eating lion bits, and the rug in my bedroom (sadly it's not a lion)
Yes I have. It's as gamey as an unwashed gym sock, and even less tender.

Sorry to hear about your small penis.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts