Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question. Ok the Bryco 38 and the Bryco 48 are both 380's but the Bryco 48s barrel is a little longer. What id like to know is, will the Bryco 48s barrel fit in the Bryco 38.

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
will the Bryco 48s barrel fit in the Bryco 38.
Ah, a man after my own insanity!
The answer: Yes and No.
First of all, you'll need to determine which Model 48 barrel you're trying to fit. Bryco changed the M48 design mid stream, and in doing so, relocated the location of the barrel retaining pin, which may not line up with the retaining hole on the M38. (see attached pic)
When I tried it, I got the Model 48 barrel to fit in the frame, but the barrel pins didn't line up, AND my M38 slide didn't have sufficient clearance to fit back on over the M48 barrel. (BTW, my grand plan was to use the M48 recoil spring and F/P spring in my "long barrel M38" as both springs work to absorb recoil.)
YMMV; Bryco's tolerances vary a bit and you might be able to make it happen.

Attachments

Reactions: Rerun

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is an old discussion, but it's the closest thing I've found to an answer to my query thus far, so here goes:
The takedown button on my Bryco Model 38 went to pieces while I was firing the pistol and the whole gun fell [email protected]#$%
I found the firing pin and spring, so I figured I'd just find a replacement takedown button for it and keep the pistol in my fishing tackle box for another decade...
Therein lies the problem. The only ones I can find are being sold for $30ish, plus shipping....I only paid $50 for the whole pistol back in the early 90's, so it seems ridiculous to pay so much for a single part. I've been doing some reading and now understand that the Bryco 38 is the same as a Jimenez JA380, so I've widened my search to include the takedown button from those pistols.

In researching, it seems to me that the Bryco 32 is also the same exact frame, but chambered at .32....true?
And, can anybody confirm that the Bryco Model 25 (.25 cal) and the Jiminez counterpart's takedown button is the same as the one for a Model 38? Sure looks the same...and I found one of those for $15 on ebay...

Thanks!

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,984 Posts
Prolly should have tagged @adam012345

Sounds like it's worth fixing but 30 for the se POS plastic crap is not worth it... check and see if other models or makers offered it in metal maybe

21 - 24 of 24 Posts