Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lol that almost worked right(pics upload)....yes that is mushrooming at the breach face(may have made term up/used entirely wrong) and yes there is a tiny ridge on the slide

·
Banned
453 Posts
I talked about these on the old forum a lot. Such an awesome feeling budget pistol that suffers from fragile construction. I really wish they would have followed through and offered these is 32acp as they would last longer. The biggest weak point is the thin, thin, thin section of the dust cover. It likes to crack and sheer off. Slides also fail but they would still be worth getting if the frames held up. Looks like yours is raising some ridges so I would just stone the ridges down and go from there.

The pistol really neads some sort of soft buffer to stop the frame/slide battering. You could try finding a stonger spring but not to strong as you will increase the cycle speed and damage things on the reverse end. There is no hammer so possibly a stronger striker spring but that can cause issues as well. Buffer is the best solution if you can come up with something. Even leather can work well as I make those for my tokarevs.

Biggest problem is that frame area. I contemplated getting another one of these and re-enforcing that frame area by the dust cover but got sick of trying to track down one to experiment with that wasnt beaten to death and overpriced. Bryco really dropped the ball on the 48 because it could have been a real winner. Then instead of fixing the problems they upgraded the gun and made exverthing worse while ignoring critical areas.

In the end I decided that the best course of action was next time I get one I will not shoot it and use it in a ceremonial function where I shall break out my Necrinomicon and curse the designers behind the Bryco48/Jennings T380/Jimenez whatever you call it.... to eternal damnation in the fires of hell. At that point my journey with the 48 will be complete and I can move on.... maybe the Accu-tek AT380.

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
There were two variations of the Bryco Model 48. The earlier version had a buffer assembly which I assume Bryco eliminated as a cost cutting measure. But that's only a WAG on my part.
Pic below shows a comparison between the 1st version (black) and 2nd later version (silver).
Hand tool Crosscut saw Tool Wood Kitchen utensil

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts
Lol that almost worked right(pics upload)....yes that is mushrooming at the breach face(may have made term up/used entirely wrong) and yes there is a tiny ridge on the slide
You SERIOUSLY need to edit your post and get rid of the repeated multiples of the same pics.

Reactions: Rerun
1 - 6 of 6 Posts