BSA RD30 Illuminated Red Dot Scope

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by ItBeMe, Oct 27, 2015.

1. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

Hi Point sells these, Does anybody have one and do you like it.

BSA RD30 Illuminated Red Dot Scope

Attached Files:

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

Its basic. It works. There are better at near the same price.

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

i have several and they work. Not the greatest but they work

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Any specific suggestions at near the same price?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

5. lsi1

lsi1 Member

when i got my ksg there was one of these on it. i can't say anything bad about it. it held up under the couple hundred rounds i put through the ksg before I changed it over to a flip up sight set.

Mount came loose but that was because the previous owner didn't locktite it in place.

6. talon

talon the banned wagon

Personally, ill take any holographic reflec sight over one any day. Nc Star, TruGlo....all in the 30-45 dollar range, all work better.

7. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I liked mine. It got the job done for me. I gave it to Mole the other day when I found it in a box while doing the trailer swap. I just prefer using the irons on my 4095.

8. lsi1

lsi1 Member

so you have met the mole? Is it true that the rabies is mostly under control?

I was told that the only water he fears now is a shower.

9. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

10. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

ItBe,
    I just can't take you seriously with that crazy Avatar that you have!
    That is sooo funny! Lol

11. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

Well just cuss your not a good looker like me. Don't take it personal.:confused:

Dagwood.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  12. moona11

We just got 2 ecogs for our special short 870s the SORT team use. I'm thinking really $4000 each for a shotgun. But I can't get scopes for the M16's or extra mags. We have 10 mags and most are 20 rds. When they qualify they use my own mags. One of our snipers was saying the scope one his rifle shoots all over the place. I look at it and its not loose so I take it of and hold it to a mirror I see 2 sets of cross hairs. I reset it and mount to back on and bore site it. Down the hallway 75 yards. He has a event on Saturday so I hope he has a chance to take it out and fine tune before.

13. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Last night, in an unrelated conversation, a friend recommended AimPoint optics but I don't know what their price range is.

IMS, he got himself a Tavor and co-witnessed irons and an AimPoint which was also equipped with a swing-over magnifier. Apparently the magnifier also changes the witness & POA. He decided that it was close enough at 100-150 yards to not matter.

[edit]
    A quick google seems to show that AimPoint optics are, literally, 10X the cost of the referenced BSA optic. Sorry. Mea culpa.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  14. gasman42

gasman42 Member

NC
    For the price it can't be beat.. I had one on my 4595TS but my bad eyes need some magnification.. For CQB it works like money.. 25 yards this thing is on time
    And it will take a beating..

15. gasman42

gasman42 Member

NC
    That's what I'm running on my 4595TS a 4x32 aim point small Tube AR Scope.. With a range Finder.. I bought it for my AR but decided I was going to buy a dot with some magnification.. So I gifted it to my hipoint lol

16. moona11

I use them on my AR works great so far.

17. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I found one for $60 or $70 which looks really useful.

But I've already got an illuminated Scope on my AR.

Maybe if I ever decide to put on on my Sub2K. But, frankly, I hate that it would prevent closing. For that reason, I've considered more a cheap laser for under the barrel. Haven't done it yet, though. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

18. lsi1

lsi1 Member

check out the redlion precision forend rotates around to allow you to still fold the carbine even with optics installed. Haven't dropped the money on one but I have read good things.

I did have to change a broken front sight on my first sub 2000 and a heat gun and some patience got it right off there.

19. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I did. Too expensive for my taste. Pretty neat, however.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk