Bubba'd safety extension on my 995 carbine

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by panoz77, Oct 20, 2007.

1. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I used a miniblind bracket, I hacked it in half, did some bending, grinding and hammering and viola. I'm not sure that I could repeat the process and come out with an identical extension, but you never know. I really wasn't expecting it to work but it actually came out almost a perfect fit, so I decided to put it on. Started out just for $hits and Giggles and ended up with a really functional addition to my carbine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. What he said! It's cheap and easy refinements like this that are so cool!

3. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    Seems easy enough... I think Muerte had done something kind of similar to that, but haven't seen him around for a while.

4. panoz77

panoz77 Member

That is what gave me the idea to give it a try.

5. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    Glad it turned out so nice.
    I also like the SKS added to your smoking rat. :lol:

6. 8andsand

8andsand Well-Known Member

Thats a great idea I might have to try that.

7. muerte

muerte Active Member

Yeah I still have mine.

With school and work I have been up to my ears in busy.

I don't know if you have noticed this with yours but on my 995 it seems like the safety bar bends in a bit and I have to bend it back out with time.

I am not sure if it is the safety bending in or not.

I thought about taking the safety into a machine shop around here to see if they could make a full safety with the extension out of something tougher but haven't had the chance. I may just take it to my moms boyfriend since he runs C&C machines and see what he thinks.

Best of luck to you.

Muerte

8. PrimalSeal

PrimalSeal Well-Known Member

That's awesome! Good fabrication on that safety extension.

9. time to revive this and say that somebody needs to figure this out on the pistols.

let the games begin!!!

10. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

I don't know! I have no problem with either C9 or 4095. I'm happy with the way mine is :D

11. Awsome idea!!! I can't reach the safety with my thumb and I can't barely eject the mag either. The ATI stock makes it hard to reach that far for my midsized hands. Maybe my frustration will motivate some creation. Come to think of it, I have quite a few of those brackets laying around!!!