Buck, the Coyote killing donkey

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by IBCW, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Have a coyote problem? Get a donkey. No, from what we can tell, this photo isn't a joke. While they’re mostly known for their ornery and stubborn reputation, donkeys also loathe coyotes. In fact, a lone, daring ‘yote in South Carolina recently learned just how hostile an irritated jackass can be, and paid the ultimate price.

Steve Hipps shared the story and photos of his coyote-stomping donkey, Buck, with Georgia Outdoor News.

Buck resides in a small backyard pasture on Hipps’ nine acres in Simpsonville, South Carolina. He used to share space with a girlfriend, but when she moved into another pasture, a bold, daytime-traveling coyote began showing up—and that didn’t sit well with Buck.

“This one day, my cousin, who lives behind me, called at about 6 o’clock in the evening and said, ‘That coyote’s coming through my yard heading your way.' And we live in a populated area,” Hipps said. “This thing came across the field in broad daylight.”

“By the time I got over there, Buck was stomping the coyote. Then he reached down and picked him up by the neck and started slinging him like a rag doll. I grabbed my phone and got two pictures.”

2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Well, I never thought I'd see the day that a hooved animal would use its teeth to pick up a threat to sling it around the way predators do. Usually, they just kick and stomp.

My folks used to live in the country and had a pigmy goat killed by a neighbor's Rottweiler that had been allowed to run farel. If they'd had that donkey, the goat probably would have been okay.

3. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Yep, a donkey will stomp a coyote to death. A neighbor keeps donkeys in with his cows just for that reason. Coyotes are getting bad around here.

4. Redrider93

Redrider93 Member

There are a couple of guard donkeys near where I live. I'm about 30 miles from Simpsonville and there's a lot of horse farms near me. I'd love to see one stomp a coyote.:D

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Yep, donkeys don't like coyotes. Someone was keeping 2 horses and a donkey in the pasture down the street from me. Now there is 2 horses. Someone different is keeping some horses there. I have seen some good sized coyotes on the main drag at 4am. I could have taken a shot, but I would end up deaf from shooting from the car. I am back to 2 dogs. I will get a 3rd this summer when I find the right puppy.

6. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Pretty much every pasture out here has a jack in it to keep coyotes and rattlesnakes out. Jacks are meaner then all heck. You just need to watch them though as they will try to mate with anything....