Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the barrel...wiggles? I told him I was pretty sure this was normal, since I believe the 1911 is not a "fixed barrel" design..can anyone else offer any insight?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just bought one a few weeks ago and I cant say my barrel wiggles at all..

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
To the best of my knowledge when the gun is battery, it shouldn't not wiggle much if at all. When the slide is locked back, it will wiggle quite a bit. The only weapons that do not wiggle when open is a blowback design where the barrel is fixed to the frame.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
The barrel on a Mil Spec may move a little in battery and a lot with the slide locked back. A Match grade 1911 has a tighter barrel collar and locking lugs.

Ron M.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome, thanks guys, he was a little worried :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
My Firestorm Mini 9 Pro is tight in battery and wiggles a little when locked open.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Yep normal for it too be loose when the slide is back and tight when forward in battery!

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Yes 1911's are not fixed barrels, Whith the slide back the barrel will wigle a bit. I own and have built several (my wife says too many) 1911's. I carry one as my duty weapon and carry one as my off duty weapon. If it is a extreme wiggle or he is very worried about it take it to a competent gun smith.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
G

·
They didnt call the 1911 "old slabsides" for nothing!
I have a GI spec RIA 1911, and when slide is locked back: you get plenty of rattle!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts