Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,946 Posts
A single chamber suppressor, if you will, that by design doesn't actually suppress anything but does redirect everything sending the full fireball and sound down range, away from the shooter. @ajole and his el cheapo version do the exact same thing for a much lower price. You're buying a name brand product, not a better designed one.
Basically your talking a linear compensator. Yes, it will force everything downrange. Sound, blast, concussion.

I know this is kinda off topic, but on a full size (16" barrel +) would that still beat up the internals with the overgassing more than lets say a SBR or pistol? I know a few at the local range that use them to save they're shooting neighbors lol. Always wondered but never really delved into it.

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
Basically your talking a linear compensator. Yes, it will force everything downrange. Sound, blast, concussion.

I know this is kinda off topic, but on a full size (16" barrel +) would that still beat up the internals with the overgassing more than lets say a SBR or pistol? I know a few at the local range that use them to save they're shooting neighbors lol. Always wondered but never really delved into it.
Yes, we were discussing Newman thinking his Flaming Pig was a unique piece of kit as compared to ajole's cheaper version. Now, "they" say that it was designed specifically for SBR's, but you know how "they" like to infer facts from supposition.

I know you're familiar with how a DGI system works, and the key is the barrel length vs gas tube length. Basically the longer the dwell time, the more gas is returned to the key. The length of barrel beyond the gas port should be relatively equal to the length of the gas tube. A pistol tube is 4", carbine tube is 7", mid length is 9", and a rifle tube is 12". All measured in -ish, of course. A 16" bbl with a mid length system is almost perfectly balanced. Adding the linear compensator wouldn't really increase the back pressure significantly enough to cause additional wear significant enough to cause a problem. We're talking additional energy measured in inch pounds versus foot pounds. (Yes, Kirk, I know force is measured in Newtons but I was making a layman's termed analogy.)

The same can be said for a carbine length system on a 16" bbl. Will it increase the back pressure and thereby the amount of force applied to the internals? Yes. Will it accelerate the wear time? Yes, but it's also based on ammo, amount of use, and other variables with the actual internals.

These Kinex kits for adults have so many options to custom tailor each part to compensate for another that you can solve the excess wear caused by overgassing issue before you pull and the first round down range.

Basically, the shorter the barrel, the shorter the system needs to be, and the closer your muzzle is to the gas port, the more likely you are to be undergassed. The further your muzzle is from it, the more likely you are to be overgassed.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 · (Edited)
Yes, we were discussing Newman thinking his Flaming Pig was a unique piece of kit as compared to ajole's cheaper version. Now, "they" say that it was designed specifically for SBR's, but you know how "they" like to infer facts from supposition.

I know you're familiar with how a DGI system works, and the key is the barrel length vs gas tube length. Basically the longer the dwell time, the more gas is returned to the key. The length of barrel beyond the gas port should be relatively equal to the length of the gas tube. A pistol tube is 4", carbine tube is 7", mid length is 9", and a rifle tube is 12". All measured in -ish, of course. A 16" bbl with a mid length system is almost perfectly balanced. Adding the linear compensator wouldn't really increase the back pressure significantly enough to cause additional wear significant enough to cause a problem. We're talking additional energy measured in inch pounds versus foot pounds. (Yes, Kirk, I know force is measured in Newtons but I was making a layman's termed analogy.)

The same can be said for a carbine length system on a 16" bbl. Will it increase the back pressure and thereby the amount of force applied to the internals? Yes. Will it accelerate the wear time? Yes, but it's also based on ammo, amount of use, and other variables with the actual internals.

These Kinex kits for adults have so many options to custom tailor each part to compensate for another that you can solve the excess wear caused by overgassing issue before you pull and the first round down range.

Basically, the shorter the barrel, the shorter the system needs to be, and the closer your muzzle is to the gas port, the more likely you are to be undergassed. The further your muzzle is from it, the more likely you are to be overgassed.
Theres a reason it's one of the best reviewed muzzle devices on the internet.
I'm not ashamed to have paid more for a better reviewed product.
Noveske states it's designed for SBR's and pistols, it completed my build and it's an important piece so I'm glad I went with a trusted product.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,946 Posts

Yeah, figured. I think with AR's (16" barrels that I see some people use those with) they could just get a heavier buffer or adjustable gas block correct? Not sure if it is even worth it though, I don't think it would take as much a beating as a sbr/pistol but I could be wrong.

I know in SBRs and pistols they really do benefit from lets say an H2 or H3 tungsten or a adjustable gas block just to help with the cycling, they require a bit more tweaking to work flawlessly imo. Linears on an on an SBR/Pistol is definitely the way to go though, without one OMG is it loud (yeah I know cause projected down range only) lol.

I have tried one on one of my AKs, and was actually impressed. Kaw Valley Precision Linear Comp 7.62 MM M14x1 LH. Was a bit different but recoil did not seem much different with or without it on. Then again... its an AK...

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
Theres a reason it's one of the best reviewed muzzle devices on the internet.
I'm not ashamed to have paid more for a better reviewed product.
Noveske states it's designed for SBR's and pistols, it completed my build and it's an important piece so I'm glad I went with a trusted product.
The internet also says HP's are completely unreliable pieces of trash that are only owned by poors and used as ghetto blasters. These same "theys" insist anything other than a KAC, SOLGW, etc is a useless piece of junk even though I can guarantee you I can out shoot them with my "poor" Aero build with a BCA barrel, my "garbage" Radical build, and my "junk" Aero SR25 build with the Ballistic Advantage barrel.

So you decided you wanted to drop extra cash on name brand products because "they" tips you to. Who cares? Ajole and I were trying to show you that increased cost doesn't always mean better. Sometimes all you're buying is a brand name. You weren't even fully aware of how the thing worked. Just take the knowledge, call it a learning experience, and carry on. You're the one bragging about turning it in to a Gucci build.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
Yeah, figured. I think with AR's (16" barrels that I see some people use those with) they could just get a heavier buffer or adjustable gas block correct? Not sure if it is even worth it though, I don't think it would take as much a beating as a sbr/pistol but I could be wrong.

I know in SBRs and pistols they really do benefit from lets say an H2 or H3 tungsten or a adjustable gas block just to help with the cycling, they require a bit more tweaking to work flawlessly imo. Linears on an on an SBR/Pistol is definitely the way to go though, without one OMG is it loud (yeah I know cause projected down range only) lol.

I have tried one on one of my AKs, and was actually impressed. Kaw Valley Precision Linear Comp 7.62 MM M14x1 LH. Was a bit different but recoil did not seem much different with or without it on. Then again... its an AK...
Yeah, it's really just a matter of taste. I think a lot of the time it's because people listen to "them" more often than doing the math.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I appreciate you educating me, but I never said anything about anyone's build being lesser than mine for the parts they choose. I'm happy with the way I choose to design it as I hope your happy with yours. By that rational of thinking, any reviews on the internet would be useless cause a handful typically beat the sterotype.

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
I appreciate you educating me, but I never said anything about anyone's build being lesser than mine for the parts they choose. I'm happy with the way I choose to design it as I hope your happy with yours. By that rational of thinking, any reviews on the internet would be useless cause a handful typically beat the sterotype.
Most reviews on the web are worthless. I would rather sit here on a forum with people I've been talking to for almost 10 years and sift through several hundred collective years of field experience and technical advice.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,828 Posts
Most reviews on the web are worthless. I would rather sit here on a forum with people I've been talking to for almost 10 years and sift through several hundred collective years of field experience and technical advice.
Yes, that... It's blatantly obvious that sometimes the 'reviewers' are suffering from a false sense of 'buyer's pride'** due to the lack of thought put into the 5 star reviews. Many times admitting they just love the look and have not even shot it yet. Or the shipping was fast, etc. But I don't mind the ones who have torn it down for a good inspection and give a solid critique. That can be helpful.

** I forget the word for this, some sort of "bias" and wanting it to be a good purchase and such.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Yes, that... It's blatantly obvious that sometimes the 'reviewers' are suffering from a false sense of 'buyer's pride'** due to the lack of thought put into the 5 star reviews. Many times admitting they just love the look and have not even shot it yet. Or the shipping was fast, etc. But I don't mind the ones who have torn it down for a good inspection and give a solid critique. That can be helpful.

** I forget the word for this, some sort of "bias" and wanting it to be a good purchase and such.
I've heard it referred too as the honeymoon phase in gun buying and product buying. I think that's a pretty accurate term.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I agree with you there, you guys give me a hard time but there's a reason I always come back. I've been a member for going on 7-8 years now.

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
I agree with you there, you guys give me a hard time but there's a reason I always come back. I've been a member for going on 7-8 years now.

Edit: 5 years 9 months, actually...:lol:

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts

OMGWTFBBQ! I would give it 10 stars if I could. I just ordered it today and can't wait to get my tracking number!

·
Premium Member
35,609 Posts
I’ve had it for three weeks now, it looks really solid, frustration free packing was great and shipping was fast, they get 5 stars from me! Can’t wait until my mom lets me put it on my dads gun so I can try it out, maybe next month!

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
What a piece of crap! I kicked it down a flight of stairs after I dropped it on my toe and now it doesn't work! I haven't even called or emailed the company yet, and they still haven't responded! I demand your supervisor speak to my mommy! I want my money back, plus 10% for pain and suffering, and they should pay me the restocking fee! Zero stars!

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,747 Posts
61 - 80 of 118 Posts