bullet button help/ideas

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by HBrebel, May 4, 2014.

1. Lets say I had a friend who was unhappy with the idea of having to buy a bullet buttoned carbine but bought it anyway. Now he has read a few threads with links for various magnets and even pins installed on the bottom of magazines but was looking for something more like the bullet button magnets for AR type rifles. Where would this guy look?

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

lets say, if your friend, is required to have a bullet button installed on his carbine, he should probably just accept that fact, be happy he's still got a carbine and just live with it as is.

it doesnt really have any negative effects on ''your friends'' carbine, but altering it, or removing it, could have negative effects on his freedom.

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

That's funny.....:D
    Your friend needs to move......

4. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

if he's in a state requiring a bullet button it better have one and if you have magnetic button you're in violation . I'm in Calif and after a few trips to the range and using either a small allen key or bullet it doesn't take that long to swap out mags

5. talon

talon the banned wagon

pretty much what we are trying to tell you, is, if you are even mildly thinking about breaking the law, we want nothing to do with you. we are safe, law conscious, gun owners here and will not assist you, or condone you violating the laws. even if we dont agree with said laws, we will follow them. and strongly suggest you do as well.

6. USMC_VET

this looks like Lytle creek range were i go with my Carbine and bolt action .308 and this vid shows a quick mag change with calif legal bullet buttons . as seen in this vid on how the shooter swaps mags is basically how i do it with my Carbine but a little slower since our mags are deep inside the pistol grip but basically the same idea . The more you shoot you will find easier ways to pull mags using a legal bullet button

http://youtu.be/vRBSBE3BY54

7. nadodave

nadodave the Great Member

If you're in california, another option is to put a kydex paddle on it, making it not a pistol grip, and thus not requiring a bullet button.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

8. Geezer

Geezer Junior Member Member

Wow, I had to Google to find out what a bullet button was. You guys need to vote in every election; local, state, and federal.

9. USMC_VET

Yes a bullet button does slow down mag changes some but with practice using one its not all that hard to use

10. talon

talon the banned wagon

and, unless you've suddenly become Rambo, hi speed mag changes isnt a necessary reality for 99.9% of any hi point shooter. the difference between a ten second change and a fifteen second change isnt going to kill your paper targets any faster.

and, if you have suddenly become Rambo, your using the wrong gun anyway.

11. I think Rambo would do just fine with a Hipoint, with or without it having a bullet button.

Disclaimer. I've never watched any of the Rambo movies and I'm basing my thoughts on secondary information.

12. Geezer

Geezer Junior Member Member

Rambo, or not, the problem is legal gun owners in some areas being force fed stupid laws that have nothing to do with gun safety or gun violence.

13. Thanks guys. I appreciate the advice. My friend realizes that in CA the bb is required and does not intend to permantly mod the device. Just seeking info on ways to speed up mag changes.

14. Exactly!!! This is why my friend is looking for a way around this handicap

15. nadodave

nadodave the Great Member

Your friend should check out calguns.net

It has lots of info on the do's and dont's of bullet buttons, magnets, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum