Bullet casting photo

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by IndianasFinest, Feb 5, 2008.

1. I just finished casting these with my Uncle, and thought I'd share a pretty cool pic of them drying :D There is three hundred, and twenty five 9mm Luger bullets here weighing in at 124 grains a peice.

[​IMG]

EDIT: My first pic was blurry, and looked like crap

2. Those Lee tunble lube bullets have always been accurate in my handguns. Glad to see another bullet caster here.

wizard93

3. I would have to check with my Uncle for the exact brand, but it is a 6 cavity mold.

4. Sorry I changed my post on ya. I looked close at the bullets and noticed they were from a Lee tumble lube design. You're gonna like those.
    Let us know how they do for you.

wizard93

5. I load these light for target practice, and to reduce leading. Have shot them out of my C9,995, and my Kel Tec P11. I have gone through 300 rounds in my 995 alone without a single hiccup. Also when I say light I mean it lol... I load these at just under 4 grains of powder (IMR 700X). Now for some people or firearms that may be a problem, but I clean my guns right after I shoot them no matter what. So far this load has worked great !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. They look good to me I would shoot them. Tell you what load as many as you can and I will make sure that they will cycle out of my 995!! That will tell you for sure if you are doing it right :D

7. That's an interesting photo you posted of the press. I see it's the new Lee Breech Lock Challenger press. How do you like it? Also, I see the bottle beside the press. You really shouldn't drink while reloading. ;)

wizard93