Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a box of cast bullets and am not sure if they need to be lubed b/4 loaded or not and if they do with what? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Which ones did you buy? If they are mass production bullets, they should already be lubed and ready to be loaded and shot.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks PS, ya I got from a local gun shop that gets them from a local guy that makes them and the shop sells for him. $35 / 500. .38 to .45 colt.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
If that's the case, give the gun shop a call and ask them about it. Commercially made cast bullets are lubed at the factory, but if it's just a local guy making them for sale at the shop, then I don't know. I'd call to confirm before shooting any.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No i dont but i did get the number of the guy that makes them. He said that he lubes them plus they have a blue ring on them. He said that that is a lube in itself. New one on me but I never have done any casting yet and first reloading in 30 yrs. Then was only rifle.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
The blue ring is the lube filling the lube groove in the boolit. Some lubes are blue, some green, and some red. My alox lubed boolits have a brown ring. Sort of their own lil' skid marks. :D

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I really like the alox. Drip, swirl, pour on wax paper, put a fan on them for 4 hrs, repeat, and all dry and ready for storage. To each his own. That is why there are 100's of lubes and recipes.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
way to slow for me. my way, have stepson load 20 plastic tues up with bullet facing down. next place tube in star and pull pin out. pull handle as fast as i can till tube is empty, start over. easy 1200 an hour. my dillon 650xl is about the same rate except stepson fills primer tubes instead lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts