Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad pull some 9mm bullets a couple days ago and reload some today and won`t go down in the barrel far enough to shoot and he ranked. Gun with a full mag and they still won`t work and they were the same length as some factory bullets he had can any body tell me what he did wrong. Any help would be app i am new at reloading and can`t help him.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
I can think of a few possibility's. I know it sounds silly but make sure they are 9mm, brass. there is some out there that looks like 9mm brass but it is 9x21 instead of 9x19, the sneaky little sh!%$ have made there way into my loads before, second check for a round that has been jammed in the barrel, make sure the barrel is free of foreign objects, third, Check the MOL with a set of calipers.......beyond that, ask S/W...lol

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
The diameter of the rounds may be slightly to large. Your sizeing of the reloads may not have been quite right. You'll need to check the diameter of the finished rounds with a caliper or cartridge gage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.