Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wouldn't it be nice if someone built an affordable AR15 bullpup conversion? Bro has a Tavor9, and now has a Tavor that does 5.56. Says he has little to no interest in his AR any more. That would include his heavy Sig he just got issued for a duty weapon.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice if someone built an affordable AR15 bullpup conversion? Bro has a Tavor9, and now has a Tavor that does 5.56. Says he has little to no interest in his AR any more. That would include his heavy Sig he just got issued for a duty weapon.
Can't help you with AR-15's but, a company in the Midwest provides bullpup stocks for Marlin and Ruger semiauto .22's.

Badger 10/22 for about $150 and

Marlin for about $130.

eldar

·
Super Moderator
28,406 Posts
A lot of people don't like bull pups. They often complain about the trigger. lefties are often very very left out on bull pup conversions.

Besides, where would the buffer tube go?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
A lot of people don't like bull pups. They often complain about the trigger. lefties are often very very left out on bull pup conversions.

Besides, where would the buffer tube go?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
They never owned a Steyr AUG - reversable bolt allows lefty use.

I believe the Tavor is also.

eldar

·
Super Moderator
28,406 Posts
They never owned a Steyr AUG - reversable bolt allows lefty use.

I believe the Tavor is also.
Bring your wallet. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
35,758 Posts
Why would I want a bullpup? The Tavor is 28.5 inches.

So is my AR, with a 3 lb trigger, cost about 70% less, and can be modified with cheap off the shelf parts. Sure, I only have a 10.5 “ barrel. But it’s a .30 cal, so I win, right?

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Why would I want a bullpup? The Tavor is 28.5 inches.

So is my AR, with a 3 lb trigger, cost about 70% less, and can be modified with cheap off the shelf parts. Sure, I only have a 10.5 “ barrel. But it’s a .30 cal, so I win, right?

The advantage of owning a bullpup is the barrel lengths are still full length 16-20" barrels giving full power and range of a non-bullpup rifle in a shorter rifle.

eldar

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Bring your wallet. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
True, they aren't cheap but, they are quality firearms.

The Chinese have entered into the bullpup firearm field in a huge way, equipping most of their soldiers with newly manufactured bullpup firearms on the strength of US Dollars.

Other countries also have bullpup firearms - Britain, French, Swiss.

eldar

·
Premium Member
35,758 Posts
The advantage of owning a bullpup is the barrel lengths
Yeah, we all know. ALL OF US. Well....MOST of us. That’s why I mentioned barrel length.
Come on man, quit stepping on the trash talk.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Yeah, we all know. ALL OF US. Well....MOST of us. That’s why I mentioned barrel length.
Come on man, quit stepping on the trash talk.
Without having to register and pay for a SBR license.

eldar

·
Premium Member
35,758 Posts
True, they aren't cheap but, they are quality firearms.

The Chinese have entered into the bullpup firearm field in a huge way, equipping most of their soldiers with newly manufactured bullpup firearms on the strength of US Dollars.

Other countries also have bullpup firearms - Britain, French, Swiss.

eldar
Quality firearms? So are the $1000 rifles.

The Chinese? They just decided to “allow” their people to have three whole kids before being named as criminals and being forcibly sterilized.
So by all means....let’s follow their lead.

Britain: Good thing HK managed to mostly fix the SA80. It was a turd. And MANY units in the British military run M4 type carbines, especially the Canadian made version of the Colt M4.

France: Ordered a pile of HK 416’s to replace the Famas. Not a bullpup.

Switzerland: The SG550? Not a a bullpup.

·
Premium Member
35,758 Posts
Without having to register and pay for a SBR license.
Holy crap dude.
Are you really this out of touch?

It’s an AR pistol. That’s a legal definition. It’s completely legal, you can buy them in the store in 10 minutes, or build them at home legally. Short barrel, brace, no vertical front grip...NO SBR REGISTRATION REQUIRED.

Mine cost under $450.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Quality firearms? So are the $1000 rifles.

The Chinese? They just decided to “allow” their people to have three whole kids before being named as criminals and being forcibly sterilized.
So by all means....let’s follow their lead.

Britain: Good thing HK managed to mostly fix the SA80. It was a turd. And MANY units in the British military run M4 type carbines, especially the Canadian made version of the Colt M4.

France: Ordered a pile of HK 416’s to replace the Famas. Not a bullpup.

Switzerland: The SG550? Not a a bullpup.
So,
Don't buy one.

I wish I hadn't sold my AUG.

eldar

·
Premium Member
35,758 Posts
So,
Don't buy one.
Well, glad you agree with me.
Imean......not buying them was kind of my point, and you haven’t refuted my arguments in ANY way, so thanks for the confirmation that I’m right.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Holy crap dude.
Are you really this out of touch?

It’s an AR pistol. That’s a legal definition. It’s completely legal, you can buy them in the store in 10 minutes, or build them at home legally. Short barrel, brace, no vertical front grip...NO SBR REGISTRATION REQUIRED.

Mine cost under $450.
Sorry, it looked like an SBR.

28.5" pistol versus 27.5" rifle.

Yeah, I see your point - not.

eldar

·
Administrator
24,489 Posts

eldar
$2k base price with no optics or rail for the 5.56, 9mm, or 30 cal AUG vs $450 complete for his 30 cal, and no $200 tax stamp.

The likelihood he's going to run in to a situation where he's forced to run that .300 BO at a range where the additional barrel length provided by the AUG matters..... virtually zero.

So let's call it a $1,350 savings to achieve similar operational capabilities to the AUG...

·
Premium Member
35,758 Posts
Dagnabit Rach....you beat me to it...

eldar
That’s because you intentionally leave out the part that matters.

28.5" $500 pistol versus 27.5" $1700 rifle.

Which is intended to be used....how? Hint....not at 600 yards. So that $1200 worth of barrel? Not really all that important, and RIDICULOUSLY overpriced.

I see your point. But I reject it as poor logic.

Reactions: Rachgier

·
Administrator
24,489 Posts
Dagnabit Rach....you beat me to it...
Well I have no life and I'm procrastinating right now, but you could have pointed out the logistics I failed to mention. Magazine capacity, availability, ease of repair, the ability to acquire spare parts, convertability, no import regulations, etc...

·
Premium Member
35,758 Posts
Well I have no life and I'm procrastinating right now, but you could have pointed out the logistics I failed to mention. Magazine capacity, availability, ease of repair, the ability to acquire spare parts, convertability, no import regulations, etc...
I did, in the picture post.:)

“...and can be modified with cheap off the shelf parts....”

·
Administrator
24,489 Posts
I did, in the picture post.:)

“...and can be modified with cheap off the shelf parts....”
Yeah, you touched on it but there was so much more that could have been detailed. Plus he thought a pistol was an SBR, so it's likely the glance failed to notice all of the commentary.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts