Bullseye JHP Scope Base and other

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by OODA_Looper, Aug 21, 2015.

1. OODA_Looper

OODA_Looper Member

So, I'm working on a project to prove the efficacy of the blowback 45 for precision shooting. It may be a fools errand but I am that fool!

Anyhow, is there an off the shelf solution for mounting a weaver or picatinny rail on the JHP? I'd like to put an Ultra-dot on so I can Ransom-rest this thing.

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I'd try one of those bottom rail mounted wrap-arounds that put a rail up top!
    Back with a pic... :D

3. undeRGRound

INDY
  4. OODA_Looper

OODA_Looper Member

Have you tried that mount? I figure the rail under the JHP might be some sort of wacky proprietary design.

Do the supports clear the ejection port when mounted?

5. undeRGRound

INDY
    The HP rails are Weaver, with one slot.
    I have not tried it, and the link I gave shows several others.

6. OODA_Looper

OODA_Looper Member

Oh of course, I checked the link. Unfortunately the "second best" option according to his review would have been my best option--unfortunately unavailable at this time.

According to the measurements, the one pictured here won't fit. Thanks for the info though, I'll keep looking for the one that will.

7. undeRGRound

INDY
    Amazon will likely have most of the ones on that page, and maybe some others.
    My guess is that the slide is too wide for the MAKO Unit. :confused:

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Precision at what range?

Irons can be very precise at 25 yards or less. Or more.

9. OODA_Looper

OODA_Looper Member

25 and 50 yards...with lightweight wadcutter...from a ransom rest (assuming I can ever get scales made).

Working on a testbed for American National Match Pistol competitions and trying to work concepts for a purpose built-soup to nuts-target gun.

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Very cool.

One always hears/reads that blowback with a solid mounted barrel is more accurate, but never any actual data.