Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a disco inferno, just thinking about the easiest way to get rid of the Tweakerville Plantation. I haven't contacted the local volunteer fire department about a training event yet. I figure what ever is left a sawzall will handle it. Some local goobers might strip it as it stands. Still has the hitch, and the axles. I am getting guesstimates of $3000+ to remove it in one piece.

Burning it would endanger the power pole and meter. I don't know if environmental concerns would negate a training event.

I am not wanting to go back with another trailer. Do a steel house on a stem wall.

If only there was an experienced fire fighter to give some insight here..................... 😁

·
Premium Member
9,336 Posts
Not a disco inferno, just thinking about the easiest way to get rid of the Tweakerville Plantation. I haven't contacted the local volunteer fire department about a training event yet. I figure what ever is left a sawzall will handle it. Some local goobers might strip it as it stands. Still has the hitch, and the axles. I am getting guesstimates of $3000+ to remove it in one piece.

Burning it would endanger the power pole and meter. I don't know if environmental concerns would negate a training event.

I am not wanting to go back with another trailer. Do a steel house on a stem wall.

If only there was an experienced fire fighter to give some insight here..................... 😁
Not an experienced firefighter, but when it was deemed more expensive to remodel the old house on the Family’s farm than to build a new house, my brother had the fire department burn the old house for training purposes. Clean up was minimal. The fire department literally burned it to ashes.

·
Premium Member
21,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It may depend on what the home is built of. Nowadays asbestos in the home like the outside shake shingles were made of that. Not sure if they used it as insulation. I'm pretty sure there isn't any asbestos in the trailer.

Old houses might not be candidates for burning.

·
Premium Member
9,336 Posts
It may depend on what the home is built of. Nowadays asbestos in the home like the outside shake shingles were made of that. Not sure if they used it as insulation. I'm pretty sure there isn't any asbestos in the trailer.

Old houses might not be candidates for burning.
The house burnt on the farm was a very old house. Built by my great grandfather I think. It dated to back before the civil war. Don’t know when it was added, but it did have electricity, no indoor plumbing though. Once they lit it up, it burnt hot and fast. Actually kind of scary how fast it burnt.

Reactions: TNTRAILERTRASH

·
Administrator
24,595 Posts
Trailer fires are dangerous as fuck and we tend to avoid using them for training. They're basically a tin can full of fuel. We called them toaster ovens. They get hot and go quick with all the chemically manufactured materials.

Call your local FD, they might still be willing but I doubt it. Especially with wheels, tires, and axles under it. It could, no shit, move on them mid burn. Tires are nasty as hell to burn too.

If they still accept but refuse to provide you with an NFPA 1403 Live Burn Plan and Compliance checklist, tell them to fuck right off as far as they can fuck because if they screw up and aren't in compliance with 1403 you are liable as the property owner. You'll also want to have a separate liability waiver removing you from any fault due to their negligence and/or actions.

·
Premium Member
21,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No tires. Axles and hitch only. It is presently sitting on block piers and strapped to the anchors per code when it was new.

I have been patiently awaiting your arrival on this thread for your sage advise!

Just calling EHVFD they may leave out some details opening me up to liability. After all it is Hickman County TN.

·
Administrator
24,595 Posts
No tires. Axles and hitch only. It is presently sitting on block piers and strapped to the anchors per code when it was new.

I have been patiently awaiting your arrival on this thread for your sage advise!

Just calling EHVFD they may leave out some details opening me up to liability. After all it is Hickman County TN.
Well they would be required to remove any hazardous materials per NFPA 1403. Light fixtures, rubbers, plastics, furniture, carpet, padding, etc. Basically any non permanently attached petroleum products, and the axles. They will also be required to have 2 sources of water, a dedicated FAST/RIT team, multiple safety officers, a dedicated engine just for an oops, an ambulance with a minimum certification of critical care technicians, and enough firefighters to adhere to the 2 in/2 out rule.

I could bore you to death with the details. :sleep: :ROFLMAO:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts