Bushman charging handle

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by kipnita, Apr 14, 2008.

1. kipnita

kipnita Guest

Ok, If you have a carbine and don't have a Bushman charger...........what are you waiting for??????

The charging handle is the single best improvement to an already great gun!!!!!

2. studlee

studlee Member

I'll also attest to the improvement. I did the combo Charging Handle/Trigger. Awesome! The trigger also makes an improvement on look and feel. Plus it's inexpensive. I gave him a few extra bucks cuz I thought he was charging too low, he refunded my money.

I just ordered the flash hider. Can't wait!

Thanks Bushman. Keep up the great work!

3. I'm not qualified to answer, as I already have one :)

What others have said! (handle and trigger both)

4. JMcDonald

JMcDonald Member

What are their benefits, specifically (what exactly do they improve)?

And, where do you get them?

5. i am waiting for the mailman. my bushman's parts should be here by weds... :D

6. kipnita

kipnita Guest

The Bushman charging handle is a bit larger, doesn't pinch, makes operation of the bolt and locking the bolt open MUCH easier. Looks pretty nice too!

See the links section or go here.

http://www.bushmanparts.com/

7. Oneofsix

Oneofsix Member

NC
    satisfied Bushman customer

Have the handle and the trigger both, as stated the handle makes locking the bolt back much easier, looks good. Trigger better looking and since I had it all apart, polished a few surfaces slightly and it also works smoother, and just feels better.
    Kudos Bushman!

8. bikeman

bikeman Guest

Am I missing something? I can lock my 4095 bolt back, but can't get the 995 to lock back. I have read the forum over and see that the 995 does not lock back on the last round as the 4095 does, but is there a way to lock the 995 back for cleaning?

9. I ordered one last week, just waiting to get it now.

10. chris falk

chris falk Guest

"""Am I missing something? I can lock my 4095 bolt back, but can't get the 995 to lock back. I have read the forum over and see that the 995 does not lock back on the last round as the 4095 does, but is there a way to lock the 995 back for cleaning?"""

The charging handle moves back and foreward in a keyhole shaped slot that has a larger opening at the rear than along the rest of its length.

When the charging handle is pulled fully rearward, the round sleeve portion that you grip (as opposed to the hex bolt that the round sleeve fits around) may be pushed into this larger part of the slot. This will prevent the charging handle from moving forward until the sleeve is pulled out of the larger part of the slot.

11. Thanks for all the compliments guys. I saw a need and I tried to fill it.

Just so you know, I'm about to start my 4th batch of handles. Trying to keep ahead of demand.

12. As a satisfied user, may I add that you deserve to fail :)

13. Rara

Rara Member

Fwiw, the charging handle and the trigger shape were the only two things I hated about my 995. That said, I FINALLY ordered some toys from Bushman yesterday, looking forward to installing them and trying them out :D

14. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

Yea +1 from here. I love my handle, made shooting the 995 a lot more pleasing and easy.

A must have.

16. Waiting for mine to come.

17. Got my handle today in the mail. Looks good. Got to find a minute tonight to put it on. If I have time this weekend I'll get to shoot this carbine and then decide if I need other parts.

18. Lar

Lar Guest

I love my Bushman chargeing handle

:D I got mine last week, polished it up and now it looks like crome, after you see it on your 995 or 4095 you are going to say WOW, its sooooooooooo much better, now I have to put on the trigger. :lol: