Busy Busy Week

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Flyboy, May 12, 2015.

1. So my family came to visit on the 4th and stayed until Monday.
    Apart from the various baby-related activities, we did a whole bunch of traveling. Took 'em to Cambridge and London, as well as all the bases and such in the area.

On the awesomer side of things, we had to bring the baby to the Bulgarian embassy in London to apply for his Bulgarian birth certificate and passport, and he decided to lay a steamer while we were waiting. One of the women working there came out and told us to come in and change him, but they couldn't find a suitable changing area, so they made do with what they had:

My baby got his ass wiped on the Bulgarian ambassador to the UK's desk. Pretty proud of that.

But yeah, every day was pretty insanely busy; my Dad is a foodie, so we went food crawling all over the place. No place was safe from this guy; I think everywhere we stopped for five seconds he was eating something. The last night he was here we took him to a local pub where we proceeded to dine on zebra, ostrich, and kangaroo. It was mind-blowing. :p

The baby is doing good; we had to get his lip cut last week (that little membrane between your top gums and your upper lip). His was too long and hindering him getting a good latch on Mom, so they cut it. We wanted to get his tongue cut, too, but they said since it shouldn't hinder his speech, they wouldn't do it. Still thinking we should though, just because it's still causing problems with feeding.

On top of all that, the day before they came, I was cooking burgers and accidentally splashed hot grease all over my torso. That's what I get for making Sexy Burgers. Got a good number of second degrees all over my abdomen, a couple of which are still misbehaving and bleeding. Feel like a damn Viet Cong nape victim sometimes. Then I thank God I was wearing underwear and have no problem with it.

Random updates complete, maybe more to follow. :p

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Glad everyone's doing good FB!

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Grilling nude is dangerous. Things happen with fire and mr. happy could be injured.

4. Bull

I cook bacon with no shirt on.....

5. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

While sporting a sweater.....

6. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I cook my bacon in the oven. Does a better job.

7. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I would have been right in there for the food! There is a reason I am fat! The grease burns are no fun, keep antibiotic ointment on them!

Try reaching into the firebox on your BBQ pit and have the wind slam a 700 degree door into your arm... yeah that one left a scar!

8. Bull

That's true...... Bad thing is it traps the hot grease for prolonged burn.