Busy day! 2 towers are standing!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MaryB, Dec 3, 2015.

1. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Had the co-op bring up the boom truck today to raise 2 ham radio towers. First one is new and will get four 144mhz antennas on it for bouncing signals off the moon. It telescopes to 33 feet from 12.

[​IMG]

Second tower is one I had laying around, antennas I had on it failed in an ice storm a few years ago and I finally was able to replace them. The antennas here are for 50mhz and 432mhz.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some wiring left to do and tower prep on the new crank up tower that should get done in the coming week. Supposed to be mid 40's for temps!

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Trying to phone home there ET?

3. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Nahh I like a challenge. Anyone can get on 40 or 20 meters and work Europe, do it at 144mhz with no ionosphere to help is more fun!

My back is not a happy camper today...

4. hp995tsfg

hp995tsfg Member

Looks like a good start. I used to work 20m QRP SSB with a dipole, that was a lot of fun busting through the QRM with my little MFJ analog rig. Be careful and invite friends over for help. 73 Tim

5. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Hard stuff is done. EME tower is low enough I can put the antennas on from a short step ladder. towers were prepped and ready to stand with everything you see already mounted.