Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno if this is so much a range report but it is kind of a review on something I picked up, but I just wanted to publicly thank the folks at hi point for the VERY prompt shipping. I ordered a 995 butt pad with two mags and a rifle bag off of http://www.hi-pointfirearms.net on a monday night, order was proccessed on tuesday and I had my purchase at my front door thursday afternoon. Thank you for bring so prompt Hi point!

Now anyhow anyone wanting to put a buttpad on the 995TS it is a very tight fit, I found I had to use a pair of zip ties to compress the springs on the end of the stock and even then had to use a pair of pliers to "help" the pad stretch out over the butt of the gun. I'll take it off in acouple weeks and snip the zip ties when the thick vinyl they use in making these things has a chance to ware in but it will be a VERY snug fit. Think putting a soft truck bed cover on a truck and trying to snap it down when the thing has been off for a long time tight, but for now I am losing use of the spring loaded stock which imo isn't really useful on a 9mm anyhow... but there is about half an inch of foam padding in the back of the cover and maybe an 8th inch of padding along the walls of the vinyl so that helps and it does stick up to your shoulder better then just the hard plastic of the stock. I will say though with two loaded mags in you have to be careful or they might slide out of their pockets. I'll prolly get some Velcro straps and sew them in. Still a great value though, the thing is worth it for the mags alone.

Now the mags I got it seems one spring was abit looser then the other, I filled both up to sit for awhile and I did notice there was inconsistency in the spring tension between the two. Now the rifle bag I got, not much to say there, very high quality made of a thick material with good foam padding on the inside of it. This bag is actually alittle better then a rifle bag I ordered from Ruger awhile back in build quality, but I'd of easily paid more for a bag from hi point that said maybe hi point 995 on it just sewn into it, shame they don't have a patch at least I could sew onto it. But if anyones considering ordering eather one I'd really recommend em.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Nice review of this product.........suggestion

To keep the mags in, just cut some of the non skid rubber shelf liner from WalMart about the width of the mag and twice as long. Then make a "U" out of the rubber and insert the mag into the rubber and then the pouch. End of problem. I also put a layer of that rubber in the butt to thicken the pad just a little. I really like the butt pad on my 4095.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's an idea to. I thought of something like that but figured maybe a pair of velcro straps might work to but there would be alot more work involved but over all I love my pad, lets me carry 30 rounds with the gun really easily.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had the same great experience with Hi Point customer service. I bought the butt pad + 2 mags plus another magazine.

I broke in the mags by hand loading and unloading at least 6 times. The butt pad was very stiff and difficult to put on. I first warmed up the butt pad to body temp (no pun intended lol!) then pulled and stretched it and finally was able to snap it on. I also pushed down the pad spring by hand when fitting it on. It is a tight fit. (lol).

I'll try the 995TS tomorrow at the range and report if the butt pad helps with cheek sting. Thanks for the idea to secure the mags with non-skid material.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went to the range today with my 995TS with butt pad and new from my FFL, a C9 Compact.

The butt pad worked well to reduce 995 "Sting".

I fired from a bench and achieved nice groups at 15 and 20 yards. I'll need to look up how to zero the sights as it fired high to the left.

The C9 was a piece of work. I broke in the 8 round magazine by working it with a HKS 943 Mag Speed Loader, loading and unloading several times by hand. It looked like the factory has been paying attention to magazine quality and operation, as the mag worked very well. I also "buttered" the ammo (S&B 115gr FMJ), running the ammo through a silicon gun sock before loading.

I surprised how small is the C9! I'm a big guy, so my hand could have use the 10 round mag with space for the pinkie. The C9 went BAM, BAM, BAM every time I pulled the trigger, hitting the target at 10 and 15 yards.

Loverly!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I finally got to shoot mine, I never shot it without the pad on so I can't compair but it was fun. I shot out a 100 rd box of wwb and 30 of some old 9mm ammo I had layin around that I loaded my mags with to break em im. Did maybe 40 rounds just mag dumps to try to see how reliable it would be, esp since the mothership don't like WWB and I didn't have so much as a single hickup. Guy came by the bike club and shot sum off to, was shocked at the price for the thing :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.