Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had the same great experience with Hi Point customer service. I bought the butt pad + 2 mags plus another magazine.

I broke in the mags by hand loading and unloading at least 6 times. The butt pad was very stiff and difficult to put on. I first warmed up the butt pad to body temp (no pun intended lol!) then pulled and stretched it and finally was able to snap it on. I also pushed down the pad spring by hand when fitting it on. It is a tight fit. (lol).

I'll try the 995TS tomorrow at the range and report if the butt pad helps with cheek sting. Thanks for the idea to secure the mags with non-skid material.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went to the range today with my 995TS with butt pad and new from my FFL, a C9 Compact.

The butt pad worked well to reduce 995 "Sting".

I fired from a bench and achieved nice groups at 15 and 20 yards. I'll need to look up how to zero the sights as it fired high to the left.

The C9 was a piece of work. I broke in the 8 round magazine by working it with a HKS 943 Mag Speed Loader, loading and unloading several times by hand. It looked like the factory has been paying attention to magazine quality and operation, as the mag worked very well. I also "buttered" the ammo (S&B 115gr FMJ), running the ammo through a silicon gun sock before loading.

I surprised how small is the C9! I'm a big guy, so my hand could have use the 10 round mag with space for the pinkie. The C9 went BAM, BAM, BAM every time I pulled the trigger, hitting the target at 10 and 15 yards.

Loverly!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.