Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't quite sure where to put this, but I think this is the right area.

Someone posted a while back about filling in the buttstock of their 995 to give it more rigidity/weight. However, nobody--that I saw--chimed in with any feedback.

I would be interested in doing this to the 995 as well, but my primary goal is to do this on a GSG-5. I was thinking about expanding foam, but I'm open to suggestions. I was even thinking about some type of glue, but most glues probably wouldn't dry/cure like that unless you add a little at a time.

Thanks for any and all help, guys!

·
Registered
296 Posts
When I changed out the wood stock on my .30-.30 to a Ramline, I found it made it way too light. I used a couple of pounds of a hi-temp wax to fill it and get the weight back up.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
if you really want some weight to it try some pam spray on the sides of some plastic and then put some fiberglas resin and see if it sticks . if it doesn't then i would spray the inside the stock with pam and then fill with fiber glass resin.the foam is good to just remember if you ever go to split the stock in half they will be stcuck together so try to coat them with something so the foam won't stick to it.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you really want some weight to it try some pam spray on the sides of some plastic and then put some fiberglas resin and see if it sticks . if it doesn't then i would spray the inside the stock with pam and then fill with fiber glass resin.the foam is good to just remember if you ever go to split the stock in half they will be stcuck together so try to coat them with something so the foam won't stick to it.
Actually, having the product (I use) stick to each side is something I'm shooting for. I read some reviews that the adhesive they use it pretty weak. A good "crack" to the stock could potentially split it right in half. I may actually go the expanding foam route... I'll keep you guys posted. I really don't think it'll add much weight, but I COULD potentially add some metal in there between layers. And the foam would keep it from rattling around.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I used some epoxy to addjust a bit of weight in the back. At the time I really didn't care to fill in the whole stock witha filler, just a bit of weight for balance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.