Button, Button, Who's Got the Button?

Discussion in 'Jimenez/Bryco/Jennings' started by Oaktree45, May 10, 2020.

1. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Member

Have you ever lost control of the take-down button on a Bryco/Jennings during disassembly? I did a couple of weeks ago in my cluttered basement. I believe the button left the rear of the gun at just under 800 ft/s. I found the spring no problem but the button was nowhere to be found. That’s what I get for having a very cluttered basement. I searched off and on for days trying to find that button. I finally discovered it hiding behind a box fan against a wall. The button had left the gun, apparently hit one of my storage boxes, ricocheted 90 degrees, and flew through the front and back grill of the fan before landing on the floor. I was thrilled when I finally found it.

I know a lot of people bad mouth these “Saturday Night Specials” but I like them. Disassembly is easy, just keep control of the take down button.

ichthyo likes this.
  2. After the 1st take-down button took off on me, I started using a ball point pen or a pencil to push in the take-down buttons and haven't lost during disassembly since.

I did have one that I hadn't seated correctly go flying off to who knows where; never did find that one.

Oaktree45 likes this.

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

How about disassembly in a clear plastic bag?

Oaktree45 likes this.
  4. ^I've done that too.^
    Kinda a PITA. But less of a PITA than crawling all around the floor looking for a minuscule part.

Oaktree45 likes this.
  5. Rerun

Rerun Member

I disassemble/reassemble my handguns inside my small parts paint box.

eldar

Oaktree45 likes this.
  6. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Member

I'm going to use that idea in the future, thanks.

7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

That will be a dollar pls....:D

Oaktree45 likes this.
  8. DaveH

DaveH Member

I like some of them as well. Can't entirely justify it. Though, in a world that contains things like Twilight movies and people voluntarily eating tofu, my questionable decisions are just a blip on the radar.

Oaktree45 and SWAGA like this.