Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So I am originally from Ohio, but I live in AZ now.
I am going home to visit my dad and his kids in May.
I am just wondering if I can buy a gun in Ohio, even though I live AZ?
Also, what type of ID will I need to do so.
My AZ drivers license is current.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
The only thing you could buy is an antique firearm unless you are an FFL 01 or 03

For non FFL Pistols cannot cross state lines period but long guns can as long as the states have a common border. Some stores will still refuse to sell to you even on long guns in a bordering state!

If you want to buy a gun there as a non FFL you would have to have it transfered to an FFL back home!

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Federal law allows you to buy a rifle / shotgun in another state as long as the laws of both states are met. So, unless Ohio puts a problem in your way you're good to go (AZ is cool on this). For handguns just talk to a local dealer you buy from and explain you might buy one in Ohio and ask if they'll send (fax) their FFL to a dealer if you call. Ask in advance what they charge to receive a handgun and complete paperwork.

I've got a dealer here that accepts handguns and does the paperwork for $25--that's pretty cheap now days. Luckily, he's been in business long enough I've only needed him to send an FFL copy once.

Enjoy your trip and I hope you find something very cool to take home with you.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses.
I do have a place here in AZ that will do a transfer for me.
I think they charge around 25 dollars to do it.
We will have to see how things go, I may not even end up finding something that I want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.