Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the c9 and the .45 at a gun show, I didn't have time to look for ammo and couldn't find any afterwards. I have been looking to purchase some online......was wondering where you guys would go to find good ammo at reasonable prices.
thanks, and by the way you guys are all very helpful

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I'm lucky in that I live a short drive from CCI's plant in Lewiston, Idaho. I can walk in and get my 9mm FMJ (Blazer Brass, Speer Lawman) for around .25 a round, a fairly good retail price these days.

Hollow points are another matter. I haven't seen any around here for months, although I did get lucky and snagged the last box of Winchester 147 gr hp at WallyWorld.

If you desire hollow points, in addition to the online big boys, try Ammunitiontogo.com. You can get LE Gold Dot 9mm (both 115 gr and 124 gr) for under .50 a round if you buy in bulk.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/index.php/cName/9mm-hollow-point-ammo

I bought four boxes of S&B hp's from there a few weeks ago, but found out the S&B's are actually brass coated steel cases - I had kept one mag full of them for a few days, and the things got everything sticky as the gun oils reacted with the cartridge coating. Even so, I got them for less than .25 a round (they're out of stock as of today).

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Not quite as lucky as futuremodal. Oh to be that close to the source.

+1 on Miday and Cabela's. Cabela's has weekly sales and sometimes free shipping.

I have never ordered from Cabela's because I pass by one of their stores weekly. They know me and what I like so I always get a heads up on ammo sales and never miss out.

I also have all the Walmart's scoped out where I travel. They will all hold ammo for me. Six box limit. Yea right. Just pay with cash.
Sorry to anyone in OH and MI. But, most of that ammo is for me.

Actually I get ammo for all my friend's, family, friend's of friend's (basically anyone I trust) at my cost. Feel like I'm on a Fast Food run sometimes. Hey, I was in the area anyway. Got to make sure everyones pistols, carbines and 223/308 rifles stay fed. :yes:

Walt

·
Registered
256 Posts
Try www.wcarmory.com

The owner is Bill and he's a one man shop but reasonable prices, but more importantly he is rarely out of stock on handgun calibers. His website is still being worked on but if you email him he responds quickly.

WR2

·
Premium Member
36,164 Posts
I use Sportsmansguide.com, even if you have to back-order things, they deliver, and don't charge you til they ship. If they get close to the predicted date and don't have it yet, they will contact you to make sure you still want it, so if they take too long, you can cancel. So when I find a great price, I order some, even if it is a month or two before they expect to ship. Haven't run out of ammo yet!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.