Buying ammo online

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by handcannon, Apr 26, 2017.

1. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

See^^^^
    Where is the great moral oral???

2. handcannon

handcannon Member

Thanks for the info guys. Just not a big fan of cheaper then dirt and looking elsewhere for ammo and maybe some possible accessories

3. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

You won't find too many CTD fans around here either. Keep up with the Steals, Deals, and Giveaways section of the marketplace too. Some people have way too much time on their hands and will mine and find some crazy deals. I think they probably get more newsletters in their email in a single day, than they did hugs as a child.

4. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

That really hurt my feelings Rach... now I have to run to my safe space :(

5. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman Supporting Member

I think somebody owes me a puppy and some hot chocolate :p

6. tennoldkid

tennoldkid Member

i use Sportsman Guide.com most times during Free Shipping days. Good selection and Good prices.

7. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Lucky Gougher rapes you on the shipping. In TN they also want me to pay the governor. I like "The Armory," SGammo. Freedom is slow-slow-slow on shipping. I have had some bad primers in some reloaded 9's. Never had that problem with any other ammo except Fiochhi.

There is ammo search sites out there that instantly update inventory, and prices.

8. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Well at least neither of you asked for a hug....

9. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I get my ammo from midwayusa. They have reduced their shipping costs, which was a problem at one time. And their delivery time is excellent.

10. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman Supporting Member

<looks left> <looks right> ....I must be at the wrong University:confused:

Back to our regularly scheduled program.

I have become a big fan of TargetSports. Shipping factored in on a case purchase and seem to have -about- the lowest prices around for ALL calibers.

I have also used AmmoMan quite a bit. Shipping also rolled into the price but you gotta be careful. Most mainstream ammo is priced right and cheap but the odd calibers get pricey. For some reason his .22lr ammo is wayyyy off base too. Never have figured that one out. Occasionally when ammoman drops a case on the floor they bag it up by the 100's in its own shrink and sell it off at a REALLY great price. It never lasts long but if you can catch it you have a really nice score.

Never bought from SG but everybody seems to love them.
    Good rumors about LAX also.
    Freedom...not so much....seems hit/miss
    CTD....steer clear

WallyWorld....great cheapies for slingin lead downrange on the weekend but they are hit-and-miss on stock still. (not online)

EDIT: re-read.....AND accessories...

Once in a blue moon...CTD
    Favorites...
    DeltaTeamTactical
    Palmetto State Armory
    Ebay and Amazon
    Tactical Sh!t
    Centerfire Systems
    Impact
    KyGunCo
    GrabaGun

etc etc etc :D

11. amannamedjed

amannamedjed Supporting Member

I get more from SGammo than anywhere else. Also use Bulk Ammo sometimes. I use Lucky Gunner for harder to find stuff I can't find elsewhere. Cheaper Than Dirt makes it up in higher shipping charges. Freedom Munitions often has good prices if you are not in a hurry. I have an order with them right now for some .38 that shipped today and was ordered over a week so. Their ammo does pretty well in my guns.

12. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Freedom is not the .223, 5.56 stock pile ammo if you leave it in their big ass 50rd boxes. I am going through it now to get it into smaller containers.

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I need some reloadable TOK Brass, Freedom might be good,
    most of their prices are ;) SLOW, but usually decent. I'ma
    gonna snake me some "free shipping" again using old

"Shifty Ed's" technique :D He's a slick one, that old
    Ed K&N :rofl:

Good Topic, handcannon! That's one I had forgotten that
    I wanted to stack some more rounds for. TOK Ammo is
    basically "armor piercing" in the hotter surplus stuff,
    and UNDERWOOD is going to offer it soon, as well.
    The Underwood will not be cheap either, but the
    best part, it will be like the old Mil-Surp stuff, HOT! :D

14. Edknn

Edknn Supporting Member

You might already know this tip, but I only heard about it a year ago. When purchasing from Midway, add a free shipping item, some are only a dollar, and you save big time on the total shipping cost. My last order a $3 free shipping item lowered my total shipping cost by $10. Some times, I just throw away a dollar item I have no use for to save 10X that on shipping. Hope this doesn't bring my moral character back into question...:rofl::rofl:

15. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I was waiting for Dane to chime in ;)
    He's ALWAYS got a hot deal! :eek:

Cheater :p
    :rofl:

16. backbencher

backbencher Supporting Member

Texas
    I've heard you get good deals from Brownell's, maybe from Midway, if you get your C&R license. Only downside, it's cheap up front, costs you a fortune in the long run.

17. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

They stopped that awhile ago. If you join Brownell edge membership you get a good discount and free shipping. But there is still companies that do offer discounts for having a C&R.

18. Dragonbreath

Dragonbreath Member

Alabama
    I had a 7.62x25 a while back. The best deal on ammo that I found was the local brick and mortar Cabellas store.

19. RugerFan

RugerFan Member

I have ordered online from Rural King a few times when they have some really great deals. On Black Friday I bought 2000 rounds of Remington UMC 9mm. With Rural King's discount and Remington's rebate it came to $4.95 per box of 50...delivered to my door.

20. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

That's the way to go when you have the chance to.