Buying The Correct Mags For the Classic 9

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by TNTRAILERTRASH, Dec 31, 2014.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I have a friend who wants more mags for his 9. I told him that there may be a difference in mags depending on the model or serial number he has. Am I correct in my ASSumption? I sent him links to Ma's website, and to Midway for the 15rd Promags. I told him to stay away from the PM 10's as Ma's are cheaper with shipping, and the PM's may be POS's. :p

:cool:

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Any new TS magazine will work in the Classic 995. In fact I would recommend the newer mags, rather than the older mags. The newer ones have a different follower & they don't have some of the issues of the older ones? I would only buy new magazines from MoM!
    When 90% of ALL HP problems involves the magazine, why bother with any substitutions? Spoken by a guy that has a couple of Hi Points!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014

3. Johnny_B_Goode

Johnny_B_Goode Member

You can use any 995 mag with the older classic rifles. If you have a new classic it only runs new magazines. You cannot just assume the classic will run the old magazines. The classic is just the stock it has nothing to do with date of production.

4. TNTRAILERTRASH

I'm confuzezed?? Say what?

I think I got the C9 mag stuff confused with a carbine. I have neither so I'm 9mm illiterate.

5. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    JBG, time for your medication!!! :D

[​IMG]

Then a sponge bath ;) :cool:

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I have maybe 40 - 995 magazines, they ALL work in any 9mm Hi Point I own!
    Now, the 9mm pistol mag won't fit in any of the carbines, the 8rd are too short & the 10 rd have that extra DeWalt battery pack on the the bottom.

7. TNTRAILERTRASH

Battery pack on a 9? Neighbor has a TS9 w/o the battery pack, and he ordered some new with the butt stock mag holders. No battery pack.

8. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Comprehension. Was important before the internet.

9. Johnny_B_Goode

Johnny_B_Goode Member

Actually Hi Point does still make the classic 995. You will have to special order it and wait until they find that box of stocks buried behind a bunch of other stuff. But you can get a new Classic 995. My wife was going to order a new Classic and the LGS said they could get it. I nipped that in the bud by buying a new TS model.

The new magazines my not have a battery pack but they have super sized camera battery attached to the bottom of the magazine.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  10. StikkerShokK

StikkerShokK Taxa-2-chits Member

Excuse me, sweetie, it hurts riiiight HERE.

11. undeRGRound

INDY
    Be good, StikkerZ!!!

That's Johnny's girl. Here is YOURS:

[​IMG]

12. TNTRAILERTRASH

So natural looking! I would like a redhead please :p

13. undeRGRound

INDY