Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a member over at surplusrifleforum.com for a while now. I have sold quite a few guns over there with nothing but positive feedback. A few weeks ago I sold a Mosin M91/59 to a guy called MDENG, I made a mistake. I posted the pic of the gun that I made shortly after purchasing the gun, I had since replaced the stock due to severe, unrepairable cracks. After sending the gun to him I realized my mistake and sent him the original stock also. He said he understood and would gladly accept the extra original stock. Upon him receiving the original stock he pm's me and informs me that it is not the original stock, even though it numbers matches the gun! He then reports me to a mod and it is on from there. I had to send multiple pics to him and prove that the stock is the one that matches the gun and is in the original pic. The mod agrees but says that the buyer still doesn't believe it. So I offer to trade out the Mosin for another M91/59 still in the cosmoline and then I receive this pm from the mod, frankly, I am beyond pissed at this point, I have proven that I was correct and the buyer was wrong and the mod still wants me to pretend I am suspended, to hell with that and them.:

EdHoffer said:
Once everthing is resolved, try and close your other for sale items as soon as possible, or finish them up via PM.

Then take a 3 week vacation... I'll tell him you lost your priviledges for 1 month, and have had a severe warning.

Informally, nobody but you me and him know anything was amiss. I also will not let him post negative feedback, because you have gone the extra mile to appease him.

Ed

·
Registered
398 Posts
Thank sucks Krippp. I've never been there and from the sound of it..don't plan to.

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't want any of our members here to say anything to those guys over there, I just want our members here to know how things are really being run over there and to be very careful if you decide to buy or sell anything. We as a staff here at HPFF do not blow smoke up someone's --- to try and appease them, if we have an issue here, we handle it and are honest with both parties involved. If we say someone is banned or suspended, then you can bank on that. I went through about 13 pm's with the mod over this and as you see, I went the extra mile to make the buyer happy. So tell me why I have to pretend that I am suspended and got a "stern warning"? I have since decided not to visit their site anymore and left it with no harsh words spoken.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
What a bunch of BS Kripp, If anyone should get banned, it should be the crybaby arsehole who got his panties twisted. I wouldve been more than happy with how you rectified the situation. Some people are jerks whom you cant ever please. Sorry that happened to you, but eff em.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Kripp, I just had a related experience from the mods at surplusrifle today. It seems, many of the "elite members" "supporting members" or "old timers" must be getting their panties in a bunch over very trivial things. I was issued a request to suspend bumping of my Flechettes for sale thread due to it being such an old thread (even though I have followed the bump rules and sold to at least 20 members +, all who have been satisfied). Why should I? Here is a copy of my PMs from the mods and my replies, all I have to say is WTF?:

"I'm getting lots of comments about this... the longest thread duration ever. Can we assuage the rampant villagers and let this rest for a few months?

Ed"

My reply:
"Uhh, OK I guess, I think I have followed board rules about bumping, I have many members who have made purchases and are happy, your board. Why not delete the thread and I can start a new one if the "Female canine" is about the thread being "the longest thread ever" or maybe the "Female canine" is that I am selling these for a prolonged period of time, I don't get why "some members" have their panties in a bunch, maybe you can clarify what I am doing to "Urine" off the "elite" membership or supporters, or maybe they need to take their skirts off and mind their own business. I have a supply of flechettes and about once a month somebody buys some. So tell me where I'm wrong in offering them for sale? Like I said your board, do what you want, I'll let the thread idle for a while but I may bump it in the future. I think I may be able to name the 1-2 members who's panties are in a wad.

Mod Ed's reply
"you are not wrong... you did nothing wrong. I was just asking, your call."

Again WTF is going on over there, a bunch of uptight ehholes.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Yup, that is BS. You did everything you could possibly do to make the situation right and they want to play that silly game. I too would tell them to stuff it. I've been a member there for about 4 years and I'm surprised with that response from the Mod. Makes me wonder if favoritism is in play there. Brother-in-law, personal friend of the mod? Hmmm…

·
Registered
799 Posts
It seems like for some reason the minorities get their way everytime about anything and everything.i
dont know about that site because i have never bought weapon's online but that sux.im sorry that
happend and i wouldn't blame you if you did tell them where to go.

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this was my goodbye pm to the mod:

"Ed, I am not going to pretend to be suspended or anything else to appease the buyer. I request that my membership here be deleted. I am not going to bow down any further than I have over this. I appreciate you trying to find a common ground that all parties could agree to stand on but in doing so I feel that I would certainly be taking the worst end of it all. I have stood behind everything I have sold on every forum I belong to and this is the very first time in over 4 years of selling and trading that I have ever had anything like this to come up. You have a very informative site here and I regret having to do this but it is obvious to me that my rights and my word are not going to be honored at all. I am not informing the buyer that you were going to pretend to discipline me over this, it is almost too ridiculous for me to talk about to him.

Take care, and no hard feelings

Darren"

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Some people cannot be satisfied no matter what you do to fix the problem, I'll let you know if anything public is said over there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
KRIPP I tried to join Surplus rifle.com and originally was given aactivation code and as I understood it I was now a member. When I tried to LOG in I got a message saying I had been "Permanently" banned due to my IP address????? which I don't understand and trying to get someone to talk to is almost impossible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts