Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having problem with my c-9's magazine dropping out while firing. Also problem with jamming and I think it has something to do with the magazine problem. If I press up on the bottom of the magazine it won't jam. I've tried bending the magazine catch assemble pin to make it stay pushed in farther but can't tell its helping any. Any help??

·
Registered
89 Posts
Had (and still have) the same problem. HP sent me a new clip catch assembly, which really reduced but didnt elimate the problem. Occurs fairly infrequently now, not worth sending the C9 back. Have you taken the grips off? If so, it is possible you didnt properly reposition the small wire spring on the right side grip, might check that

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I had the same problem with my C9. I have six eight round magazines and the gun would drop it's magazine during fire with each one.

Call Hi-Point and they will send you a new magazine catch assembly free of charge. It's a simple swap of parts and should cure your guns problem.

If you run into any problems with the parts swap just contact me and I'll walk you through it with photos.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the same problem with my C9. The mag release spring is weak, and the mag falls out while shooting. It also jams quite a bit. I tend to think that the two have to be related. I am going to call Hi Point tomorrow and see what to do about it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I do not think it is a weak spring ..but more about finger placement. I shoot left hand dominate and need to be sure I know where my fingers are and even over the safety I have not dropped a mag like that. Have any of you righty's tried to go through a mag with your thumb off the grip all together? Just to eliminate your thumb being the cause?

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I do not think it is a weak spring ..but more about finger placement. I shoot left hand dominate and need to be sure I know where my fingers are and even over the safety I have not dropped a mag like that. Have any of you righty's tried to go through a mag with your thumb off the grip all together? Just to eliminate your thumb being the cause?
Yes. I thought I might be hitting the magazine release but modified my grip so there was no possibility and continued to have the same problem.

squashpup: The jams come with the bad magazine catch, call Hi-Point and get the replacement parts.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a similar problem when I shoot my wife's C-9. I think it's because my hands are too big for it, so my finger pulls down on the front of the mag.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I had the same issue due to lightly hitting the release while fireing . First I took the black plastic button off to test my my hunch .. Sure enough never fell out . then I put the button back on and masked off the area around the button with tap and used a dermel on the button until it was flush with the grips .. The button is still easy to use but have never hit it while shooting in the past 1200 rounds. 8)

·
Registered
638 Posts
All it takes is an email or phone call and they will send you parts. Just include you serial number... I have done both and received parts both ways. I have never (knock on wood) had my mag come out while firing. However for it to do it with different mags, and different release mechanisms it would seem that the release button is being pushed. I do notice that my hand does pull down somewhat on the mag. I wonder if everyone who is having this problem has larger hands.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I had the same problem with my JH .45. Sent it back, they fixed no problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.