Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always disassemble and clean my c9 after a trip to the range,well today after disassembly I noticed that my feed ramp was cracked right where it mates to the barrel,the pistol never gave me any reason to think something was wrong while shooting it,it performed flawlessly through 100 rounds,I'm not sure what happened,it has always been a great reliable gun and a tack driver,I'm a newbie here and have read several post by members stating HighPoints repair policy being a great one,I guess I will call them next week and go from there,I really hate to send my baby off in the mail,do I need to go through an FFL to ship? or will they possibly send me a replacement part? thanks,C.Campbell (superpro18)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call 'em up and they'll tell you what to do :)

No need to go FFL to ship to manufacturer, but I believe common contract carrier (FedEx, UPS) is required for handguns ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Believe you have to ship Next Day through UPS or FEDEX

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you sure its just not where the Zamack ramp casting meets the steel barrel.I noticed all my HPs look like they have a hairline crack left to right At the top of the ramp. I just make sure its smooth.
Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Also you are putting undo ware on the gun by taking it apart to clean after every trip.
HPs were made to go for extended periods with just a wipe down and a squirt of oil here or there.
HP only recommends the gun be broken down every 2 or 3 thousand rounds for a good cleaning, and for those who dont feel like they can do it , HP will do it for you if you send it in. They want to be sure the gun is put back together correctly and if you are not sure you can do it your self, it is better to be safe than sorry.
If I were you I would send the gun in to HP and have them fix it. That is what the warranty is for.
Just remember, only strip it down for cleaning every 2 to 3 thousand rounds.

·
Registered
663 Posts
As for shipping, If you are not sure. Call HP and ask them how you should do it. They go through this all the time and have it down pat.
They can tell you the best least expensive way to do it so you get your gun back fast and fixed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
No need to overnight it. It is not required by law that you overnight it, nor that you even inform them that you are shipping a firearm. Hi Point will tell you to put it in a box and send it regular UPS or FedEx. If they ask you what it is, just tell them "Machine parts."

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,15392.0.html

I just got my gun back after sending it off for repair. This is the method I used. It got there and back quickly and it cost me less than $10 to send it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the response to my questions,as for as stripping down a firearm for inspection and cleaning,I would have never known that I had a broken part if I didn't strip down the pistol which could have led to a very unsafe condition. Best Regards,C.Campbell

·
Registered
222 Posts
+ 100 superpro
I was raised in the school of "Fire it, Clean it". My grandfather always said that a dirty gun can kill you. I might let mine go for a week if I haven't fired more than a mag or two. But I still clean it. and yes, I do strip it down. If I carry mine for more than a month and haven't fired it I clean it. Then I know there is no lint or dust build up anywhere. I didn't know a whole lot about handguns the first time I field stripped a Davis .380. I learned really quick not to let the springs go flying around. LOL but, I think that anyone with a little bit of mechanical aptitude can strip a firearm. I am now very strict about doing all of the work that I can to my own guns, that way I always have a deep understanding of them and know exactly what to expect from them. That's not to say that the tech staff at HP wouldn't do a great job, I just prefer it my way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.