C-9 church security special

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by vanguard1, Jul 1, 2015.

1. vanguard1

vanguard1 Supporting Member

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

I am one of the ministers at our church and one of the security guards, I was given this new Hi Point C-9 plus ammo and mags and holsters all i did was put on a new grip and safety button cover. I like it what say you all ?:D

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Looks good!

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Looks fine to me. Was it given as equipment for the "Armor Bearer" position?

I only have one, minor, quibble. I don't really like the red cap for the safety lever and I would prefer it to be black. Here's why. The point of having the red spot visible is so that a casual observer can look at it and tell if the safety is on or off by whether or not red is visible. But the red cover means, even with the safety engaged, the color red is showing, negating the reason-for-being for the red "safety off" spot.

Again, this is a minor quibble because of the standard rules for safe gun handling. To whit, you can't depend on a "safety" to actually make your gun "safe." However, if some third party, unfamiliar with this modification, were to need to use the firearm, it might make it take longer while they fiddle around with trying to figure out the safety, or worse, trying to pull the trigger and having it go "<...silence...>" instead of "BANG." Were it me, I'd change it (or paint it, or something).

But it's yours so do what you will, as long as both it and you are safe. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

4. I like it!

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"
    - Chaplain Lieutenant Howell M. Forgy, USS New Orleans, Dec 7, 1941

Dan

5. vanguard1

hey thanks i never thought of that, it is better without it.

6. I wish HP would offer a C9 with a accessory rail, I tried using a trigger guard laser for the wife. With gloves on both of us had a hard time getting trigger finger smoothly onto the trigger. But then in church, and Georgia you will probably not need gloves. Other than that, looks good.

7. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

That's awesome.

I am sort of the unofficial security at our church. They all know, including the Pastor that I am carrying. The morning after the Charelstown shooting, I told our Pastor e shoudl get his permit and start carrying. He said, why I have you

ANyways, that's awesome. What is that grip? I REALLY like that one

8. Does he need a permit to carry in his own church?

9. tallbump

I thought about that actually. I would think that technically he probably would. Well, if he open carried he wouldn't, but to conceal carry, pretty sure he wold need it since it's not in his home. The house is on the same grounds, but two separate buildings.

10. vanguard1

got it off ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/261659186122?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Run a bunch of ammo thru that thing ASAP!
    Just in case it needs feed lips tweaked, or ramp polished... ;)

12. tallbump

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    ...and at $6 bucks, the Price is Right!

14. tallbump

Yeah, that's actually in my budget, sort of.

Have some unusual expenses this week so maybe not til next payday.

Edited by Tallbump-didn't want to get too off topic

15. HP/C9/45ACP

HP/C9/45ACP Member

I have a Houge grip on my JHP, just bought one of these for the C9.

16. Browning 9 Guy

Browning 9 Guy Premium Supporter Member

Beautiful and functional, Vanguard. Slip on grips add to appearance while improving grip.

17. tallbump

I have a grip on my C9 now that works just fine. I just never liked the way it looked. I just really like the looks of this one, almost like it is meant to go on it.