Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a comparison between my C-9 and my new cougar 8000 which is considered a full size pistol. Maybe the grip is smaller on the c-9 (8 rounds) vs (15) in the 8000 but that's about it. How do they call it compact? Or is that only in comparison with the HP 40 and 45?

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Compared to my JHP .45 yep my C9 is very compact. I think they only compare to their own pistols like you say. I still have no problem CCW'ing my C9 though.

·
Registered
245 Posts
That is a little like a Chevy commercial that I heard tonight. One car got better gas mileage than a Honda Civic, another got better gas mileage than a Toyota Corrola (I think) and the last one got better gas mileage than a Ford. A Ford what, I wonder what they were comparing it to? Maybe a Ford 3/4 ton duel cab long bed 4x4?

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
depends on whos doing the comparing. my old sub compact glocks were about the same size. my pocket pistols are significantly smaller. eye of the beholder i guess.

SW

·
Banned
5,286 Posts
A Ford what, I wonder what they were comparing it to? Maybe a Ford 3/4 ton duel cab long bed 4x4?
That was hauling livestock.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I use a Govt. frame 1911 for size comparisons. Using that, I'd definitely say that the C-9 qualifies as compact. It's not as small as a Glock 26, but it's not much, if any, bigger than a G19, which is considered compact.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Yup. It's compact compared to the large frame models.

I think the Stoeger Cougar is considered a compact. That's a nice gun, I always wanted one and now they are decently priced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts