C-9 Double Feed Issue

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Jimmyp, May 1, 2015.

1. Jimmyp

Jimmyp Member

First off , Hey Y'all ,,I've Kinda Lurked on Site Here For a Bit ,,So This Is My First Post ,My Son got the 9mm Carbine ,,An I got the C-9 .. That LIL Carbine is SWEET !!!

However the C-9 , About Every Other Reload Somwhere Between 3-4 rounds it wants to Double Feed , One Round Will Be Pushed Down The Barrel an The Next Round Will be Loaded Right Behind it :wah: ,I Switched Mags With The Carbine , It Seemed Ok,An Then About 25 -30 rounds Later it Started Again .. At This Stage it Has Had 200-250 Rounds Put Thru it Slowly I Might Add.

Open for Suggestions , Hints , Etc ,Please
    Thank You ,

2. what_now

what_now Member

Is it failing to extract a spent/fired casing and then loading an un-fired round behind it? Or 2 rounds stripped but not fed into the chamber? Or 1 in the chamber and 1 nose down or nose up?
    What you are describing - a live round being stripped from the magazine, forced into the chamber, then a second live round stripped from the magazine butting up against a chambered live round seems physically impossible without additional manipulation of the slide by hand.

Last edited: May 1, 2015

3. Jimmyp

Jimmyp Member

It will have 1- live round pushed down in the chamber into the barrel , with 1 other live round sitting right behind it , First time it happend I sat the gun down an looked at it in disbelief,, thinking Sweet Jesus if it had fired Not Good !!,, When I drop the Mag 1 round will fall out the mag well ,, an then I have to hold gun with barrel facing straight up an bump it with the palm of my other hand in order to get the live round that's pushed down in the end of the barrel to drop out mag well !!

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    That sounds like a magazine issue. The feed lips sound loose enough that they are allowing the extra round to pop out when the action cycles.

5. talon

talon the banned wagon

2 fully seated live rounds? Multiple times? And the second round isnt nose up or nose down, but fully seated? This is what your saying?
    I don't believe there is enough room for this to be happening without "help" multiple times.
    Double feeding is definitely something that happens, but the way your describing it is rare, and dangerous. It also honestly doesnt seem possible. The first round would have to be really pushed deep into the barrel. This is one of those cases where i would normally say a picture is needed but trying to recreate the situation your describing is dangerous. I recommend first taking it to the shop you bought it and letting him inspect it for anything that seems out of spec, and then calling HiPoint and seeing if they recommend sending it in for a free inspection.
    But again, the way you are describing it doesn't seem really possible for multiple times, unless something a bit more serious is wrong.

6. what_now

what_now Member

You said you used 2 different magazines in the C9, the one that came with the C9 and one that came with a 995 and had the same issue with both. Did you tweak the feed lips on both magazines prior to firing? Think1st is right, double feed issues are normally caused by the magazine feed lips being loose. Try bending the feed lips in just a touch.

7. Jimmyp

Jimmyp Member

Yeah , the 2 lips did kinda sorta seem to have a large gap , but with everyone saying to spread them ,I haven't messed with them ,So with 3 views that they maybe to wide I will try that first , hoping to get back to the range by end of the month , Thanks for the input Y'all,,

8. talon

talon the banned wagon

However, if the mags are NOT making issues in the carbine you probably don't want to adjust them as it could then cause a problem in the carbine.
    I recommend adjusting ONLY ONE dedicated mag to the pistol and trying only it first

Last edited: May 9, 2015