Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! I'm a "long time reader, first time poster" :)

I've finally decided to take the plunge and get a Hi Point 9mm to complement my Ruger P89 :D YOU guys and gals are the ones who convinced me to purchase a Hi Point - thank you so much for all of the good information here!! Anyways, at the gun shop yesterday, the dealer told me that the Hi Point 9mm pistol does not have a magazine release, and that you have to rack the slide in order to get the magazine to pop out (or something weird like that)...is there any truth to this at all? I would think that all pistols would have some kind of mag release button or switch...I just wanted to check with you guys before I ordered one!

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have found that most firearms dealer that don't want to sell you a hi-point will make up false stories about them to sell a more profitable firearm .. I went in to one shop and saw a hi-point .45 I have been wanting .. When I asked to see it the guy tried to tell me that hi-point was a new company and their warranty department was aw full .. He then handed me a S&W Mp 45 and told me this was what I needed .. I let him now that Hi-point has been around for a long time and that there service is the best in the industry .. Plus that I owned the c9 and have been very pleased with it .. He handed me the HP .45 and went to another customer .. Needless to say he did not get a sale from me ..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have found that most firearms dealer that don't want to sell you a hi-point will make up false stories about them to sell a more profitable firearm .. I went in to one shop and saw a hi-point .45 I have been wanting .. When I asked to see it the guy tried to tell me that hi-point was a new company and their warranty department was aw full .. He then handed me a S&W Mp 45 and told me this was what I needed .. I let him now that Hi-point has been around for a long time and that there service is the best in the industry .. Plus that I owned the c9 and have been very pleased with it .. He handed me the HP .45 and went to another customer .. Needless to say he did not get a sale from me ..
You know, that's exactly what my gun dealer was doing. I asked him about the Hi Point, he told me a bunch of bad stuff about it, then proceeded to show me a $550 Glock 17 and a $530 Springfield XDM. I didn't realize that at first, but now that makes me angry!!! :mad:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ya pronto. My gun dealer has about everything thats good in stock. He has on his bottom shelf all 4 of the handguns hi point makes and under them stacks of boxes of em so he usually has like 20 in stock. I asked him about them what he thought of hi points. He said "well if your good with a pistol you can take it to a range and embarrass a guy next to you with a glock, they shoot real well. I sell alot of hi points, people are happy with em, never heard a bad thing about em" "Well what do you think of glock" "I sell alota glocks to... but I own over 200 guns in my collection... I don't own a glock." "whys that?" "I shot them before, I wasn't impressed." this comming from a guy who has a 995 carbine with an ati stock that he owns lol.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ya pronto. My gun dealer has about everything thats good in stock. He has on his bottom shelf all 4 of the handguns hi point makes and under them stacks of boxes of em so he usually has like 20 in stock. I asked him about them what he thought of hi points. He said "well if your good with a pistol you can take it to a range and embarrass a guy next to you with a glock, they shoot real well. I sell alot of hi points, people are happy with em, never heard a bad thing about em" "Well what do you think of glock" "I sell alota glocks to... but I own over 200 guns in my collection... I don't own a glock." "whys that?" "I shot them before, I wasn't impressed." this comming from a guy who has a 995 carbine with an ati stock that he owns lol.
Perfect example of someone who has shot a Hi Point and knows what they are talking about when it comes to guns. We have one dealer in town who "stocks" hi points and guess what, hes also the only one who doesnt put them down, why? Because he knows the product! Dont diss something that you dont stock and know nothing about, when it comes to gun sales, first hand experience is key, dont buy from someone who hasnt experienced it.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Dont diss something that you dont stock and know nothing about ...
OTOH, why stock something you think is crap?

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
That's about where I'm at with the dealer in Orlando I bought the C-9 from yesterday. I called around and asked them if they had a C-9 and then asked them how much. I dash over there after work ('cause they're the low price winner) and ask to see the gun. The two dudes on the other side of the counter start bashing the gun. I'm this >||< close to telling them to stick it up their bum if it weren't for the fact that I get a month's free range time there when I buy it.

Like, WTH do you have it in the display if you are gonna piss me off when I ask to see it? :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Dont diss something that you dont stock and know nothing about ...
EXACTLY!
Hold on though, let's assume for the sake of argument that the folks in your town who don't stock Hi-point have actually tried them, and do think they're crap - they didn't like the looks, thought they were clunky, maybe it wasn't broken in and jammed a couple of times. From their perspective, they DO know about them, and they think they're crap, and thus don't stock them. Seems to me as though the combination of looks and weight throws people off, and with one or two jams, they're content to write it off as junk - if you use cheap ammo (which they will out of a cheap gun) you're likely to get a jam.

·
Registered
114 Posts
What I don't get is why do you all get upset when someone trashes a Hi-Point? If they're wrong, they're wrong, but why take it personally? Life's too short - just buy the dang gun and move on... ::)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.