Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What could I be doing wrong that when I shoot my new C9 using both hands I am consistently low, but when I used one hand (right dominant hand) my shots are closer to the target? I am sure it is something simple but I don't have a whole lot of handgun experience... mostly shotguns for hunting. I have shot about 200 rounds with the C9 and had the first jam today, not that it has anything to do with the aim problem.

I thought I would ask here.

Thank you.

Roy

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had the same problem when shooting the C9. I was shooting low all the time and I finally ask someone to watch me shoot. What I was doing was anticapating the recoil and drawing the pistol down while pulling the trigger. So now with a little practice I have got my shots up and on target. I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
I had the same problem with my C9 also. I had the elevation set a 1/4" higher than the front sight. I sent it back to Hi-Point and they replaced the barrel and they also chamfored the end of the barrel. Works beautiful now. The rear sight is level with the front, and the gun puts the bullets where I aim.

Hooray for the techs at Hi-Point. What looked like a crazy solution to me, worked like a charm!!! 8)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Have you tried to shoot off a rest? Try that and it will give you a better idea If it is you or the gun. In my case it was me and not the gun.But I have heard that others were having problems with the gun shooting low.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I for got to mention that I bought a 9mm laser bore sight off EBAY. It showed that I had the back sight poorly adjusted, and using it I adjust it to where it should be. I have not tried to shoot from a rest as the place where we were shooting today didn't have one.

I work with a guy who said he had the same problem and he's the one that suggested to one hand shot.

I am thinking the problem is me, but thought I would ask here. I think I am anticipating the shot since the gun has more kick than any other hand gun I have shot in the past.

What does chamfering the end of the barrel do?

Thanks
Roy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.