C-9 VS Orange

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 9milliheater, May 8, 2008.

1. 9milliheater

9milliheater Guest

My dad and I went out to plink a little bit today. I had a couple of old oranges and thought I'd see how they would stand up to my hi-point c-9. This was shot with a federal 147 grain (hydra-shok), it wrecked it pretty good. Those guys who say a 9mm doesn't have stopping power should probably watch this video and then re-think it. I think this round would have stopped almost anybody.
    http://norcalangler.net/theatre/archive/video.php?file_name=9mmVSorange.wmv

2. pjm204

pjm204 Member

man, I would hate to get shot where that orange was haha

3. JMcDonald

JMcDonald Member

Whatever. 9mms can't do that! You had to have put some gunpowder in it.

[/joke]

Nice shooting!

4. deaconwagers

deaconwagers Guest

oranges can't eff with a hipoint.

5. I would be more than happy to say it doesn't have enough stopping power. In fact, no pistol does. It is a myth that cool dudes who use clips made up.

6. No one will say that a 9mm CANT stop someone, I have 2 myself, I think what most people will say is there are better choices.

At home, if I hear something, I dont grab my 9mm, I grab my 12 gauge.

I think it was the old forum someone posted a pic that was a x-ray of a large bad guy that had 8 - 9mm slugs in him, and survived to kill the homeowner in a shootout.

7. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Thank you, my good man. I thank you for the truth! You have debunked the widely accepted truth about the pending zombie organge apocalypse. It's comforting to know that a single 9mm can obliterate an orange's brain, as it is the only why to kill it, because It's already dead.
    Thanks Again!

8. A .22 LR can kill an elephant if placed just right... I just prefer .40/.45 because it's a little more forgiving if you miss a hair either way :)

Nice shooting by the way!

9. That'll teach those oranges! :D

9mm is a great self-defnse caliber for it's size. Shot placement is important, though with any caliber!

10. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

i honestly doubt most 22lr rounds could penetrate an elephants hide.

11. Hit it at the right angle in the eye socket and you'll kill it.

12. Oh, and before I get flamed: I know that's a one-in-a-million shot, but all I meant was it's TECHNICALLY possible. Just like you can theoretically hit someone with a .50 BMG and not kill them.

13. 9milliheater

9milliheater Guest

I agree with most of the guys who would have more confidence in stopping something or someone with a .40 or .45. I'm just saying that in a pinch I think the 9mm would do the job. I was surpised at the size of the hole left behind the orange on the plywood and how little orange I found left. It was basically orange juice everywhere and a few little shreds of peel.