Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I am going to ask this again.

Back in December, around the 17th I believe, I went on-line and requested the C&R application form. It has now been just about 2 months I haven't received anything!

In January around the same time I went back to the BATF site and requested again the proper application form to obtain a C&R license. It has been a month now and still haven't received anything!

You guys who are getting your C&R application, when and how long did it take to get the form(s) from the BATF? Did you have to call and request them or what.

I found a form on the internet in PDF format that has a date of 6/97 at the bottom right hand corner of the form. I am almost tempted to send it in or call them and see if I can use that one. Anyone know if the form has changed from 1997?

I am just getting real frustrated cause I have been waiting and waiting and nothing.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
baahh its obama mania everyone and their great aunt is tryingfor everything firearms related. All the fence sitter are off the rail so to speak!

·
Registered
820 Posts
I have to wonder again why they don't have a copy of it in PDF format available online. Those of you that have seen the apps, is there something special about it that would not translate over to a PDF form?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies fellas.

I got my application in the mail yesterday, February 17, 2009. Don't know what their hold up was, but finally it is here and I have it filled out.

I sure hope that it doesn't take as long to get the permit! :)

I just wonder though how many more forms I will get in the mail, especially since I order a set in January and then orderd again last week.

Oh well copies will be good to have. :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
In January, I ordered forms on-line. After a couple of weeks I visited the local BATF office and they gave me the forms. The agent said that at that time their printing budget was at zero and the best way to get a form was through an office. I don't know if the Porkulus package just signed will give them any more money to print or not.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I first got my C&R in 05' and It took almost 6 months to receive it. One day I got sick of waiting, called up the BATmen and a chick on the phone, goes.. "okay whats your name, just a sec... (2 minutes later she goes) okay, It'll be on the way to you."

All I had to do was call.

When my 3 years was up, They actually mailed me renewel forms ahead of time, Those where alot easier to fill out, Next thing I know its in the mail again.. Plus I've moved once, Changing my address and getting a new C&R was pretty easy too.

Worse part is mailing the damn thing out to the surplus dealers. Oh, and paying for the guns. Although, I bought an M44 for $35 once, so sometimes paying isnt so bad.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I first got my C&R in 05' and It took almost 6 months to receive it. One day I got sick of waiting, called up the BATmen and a chick on the phone, goes.. "okay whats your name, just a sec... (2 minutes later she goes) okay, It'll be on the way to you."

All I had to do was call.

When my 3 years was up, They actually mailed me renewel forms ahead of time, Those where alot easier to fill out, Next thing I know its in the mail again.. Plus I've moved once, Changing my address and getting a new C&R was pretty easy too.

Worse part is mailing the damn thing out to the surplus dealers. Oh, and paying for the guns. Although, I bought an M44 for $35 once, so sometimes paying isnt so bad.
I had to do the same-- when I ordered my forms over the phone, I got them in less than 3 weeks. i filled them out and sent my $30-- 3 months later, still no license. I called the field office in Houston (wierd, as I live in Dallas)-- I talked to a nice gentleman who pulled me up and said, "I will issue your license today.."-- about a week later I got it...

Got to love the government....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.