C&R License, Is It Worth It???

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Zone' started by Dubar, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Lovetoshoot

Lovetoshoot Member

There are those that aren't 50 or older that meet C&R qualifications. I've got them.Go figure. But check into it.

2. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

moona11, undeRGRound and Rerun like this.

3. Twisty

Twisty Simple by choice Supporting Member

moona11 likes this.
  4. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

It means that you can be inspected by the ATF, at any time, without a warrant and if your C&R Guns are stored with your other guns....they're inspectable too.

There aren't any good C&R guns coming in anymore anyhow and if you're looking for it to be cheaper, it's not. I've gotten plenty of them cheaper on Auction Arms or Gun Broker

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    SWAGA, lklawson and Dubar like this.
  5. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

I never did anything about this and recently ordered a C&R Romanian TTC-33 Tokarev, oh well. Would have been nice 2-3 years ago but I keep telling myself "This will be my last gun purchase" after each time I hand the LGS my CC to pay for the FFL fee!

6. missiledefender

Ive gotten them for 150-175.00 on GB. At AIM, probably double that. I can wait for the deal. C&R is good if you cant wait.

7. missiledefender

200-205, plus 30.00 for shipping on GB. 240, plus ? for shipping. Sorry AIM.

8. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

BATFE cannot inspect you "at any time" if you hold an 03 C&R FFL. BATFE must schedule the inspection with you prior to doing an inspection or review of your records. You have the option of allowing them to do the inspection/review at your location or you can bring everything to their offices. What I recommend is that IF (and that's a BIG if) you are selected for inspection/review that you take your C&R firearms that were acquired using the license out of the safe, lay them on the floor or on a table so that you can readily allow SN review by the Compliance Inspector. Do not leave them in a safe that contains non-C&R firearms.

Rerun, Visper and moona11 like this.
  9. missiledefender

Of course they can. Dont think that they cant? Just like they cant raid your church and burn it down with women and children inside, shoot your wife in the face when she's holding your baby, or your son in the back with a MP5. Is it going to happen, midnight inspection? I don't know but I am not going to give them a free and open door either.
    Im going to make you go get a search warrant.

10. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

11. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member