Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I dove into collecting/acquiring firearms I bought a couple of C02 pistols, a Umarex P08 Luger and a Tanfoglio Witness 1911. I haven't shot them in probably 2 years.

Is there anything I should or should not do to keep these in good firing condition? I didn't see a sub-forum on air guns so here ya go. I'm primarily concerned about long-term storage and having them dry out.

The Umarex Luger is nice looking, but I have problems getting thru a complete mag full of .177 BBs, I can usually get 6-7 shots off before 1 gets stuck. I've had an o-ring/seal replaced twice. The Tanfoglio 1911 looks and runs like a champ.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Probably very light weight sewing machine oil or the 3-1.
That’s what I would be inclined to use.
That’s just a WAG not science.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
I love my Umarex S&W40 CO2 BB pistol. The slide doesn’t move, it has actual magazine (12 BBs) that go in the grip.

I keep meaning to get one of the reciprocating slide versions, but never seem to do so.

·
Premium Member
9,408 Posts
the best thin to use IMHO is pelqunoil. a drop on the tip of every second or third power let will keep the seals supple.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the best thin to use IMHO is pelqunoil. a drop on the tip of every second or third power let will keep the seals supple.
I have a tube of it that I keep in a zip-loc bag, but the tube nozzle leaks and the inside of the bag is coated with the stuff, more oil in the bag than in the tube.

I just took them apart, seem to be lubed sufficiently after 2 years in the boxes.

·
Premium Member
9,408 Posts
The seals will dry. Make sure they are still flexible.

Reactions: Dubar and Rerun

·
Premium Member
8,596 Posts
My first Crosman CO2 BB gun is an AutoAir II.
I bought it new in 1995. It is a 17 shot pistol with a 480 fps velocity.
It is very accurate and gets 3 full power reloads from a fresh cylinder then, slowly loses power for another 4 reloads until finally after about 125 shots it needs a new cylinder.

Pelgun oil is all I've ever used. A small tube goes a long way.

eldar

·
Premium Member
4,852 Posts
@Dubar - where did you get the Luger? No way I can ever afford the real deal and I missed the boat on the Stoger Luger .22. This might be as close as I ever get. Does the slide reciprocate?

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Dubar - where did you get the Luger? No way I can ever afford the real deal and I missed the boat on the Stoger Luger .22. This might be as close as I ever get. Does the slide reciprocate?
I actually got it off Amazon in 2016 for $89. I bought it for the same reason as you mentioned, can't afford a $2500 and up pistol, but I sure would like to have one. And yes, the toggle works and the barrel assy moves back and forth as it fires. I can usually get 60+ shots off on a bottle of C02, I think the gun holds 21 BBs. I have shot it in my garage, range no more than 20ft and have a number of them come back and tag me on the head, so now I wear my shooting glasses, don't wanna put an eye out!

·
Premium Member
4,852 Posts
Reactions: Dubar

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Pelgun oil. I prolly better get some. I have a couple CO2 guns. You just put a little on the actual CO2 cartridge huh? Cool

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If anyone is looking at these, Umarex makes a Luger that doesn't toggle and then the "Blowback" model that does. Blowback is usually a bit more $$$.

There's a number of videos on Youtube also.

The Tanfoglio is a sweet pistol, if their regular firearms are as good then they've got a good product.

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts
The Tanfoglio is a sweet pistol, if their regular firearms are as good then they've got a good product.
Tanfoglio is built like a CZ, and they are an extremely popular "less expensive" European competition gun, so yes....they've got a good product.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
I can attest to the quality of Tanfoglio. I have owned a couple witnesses in 9mm. Both polymer frame and both very reliable.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts