Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

C02 Pistols???

3K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  SimiMike 
#1 ·
Before I dove into collecting/acquiring firearms I bought a couple of C02 pistols, a Umarex P08 Luger and a Tanfoglio Witness 1911. I haven't shot them in probably 2 years.

Is there anything I should or should not do to keep these in good firing condition? I didn't see a sub-forum on air guns so here ya go. I'm primarily concerned about long-term storage and having them dry out.

The Umarex Luger is nice looking, but I have problems getting thru a complete mag full of .177 BBs, I can usually get 6-7 shots off before 1 gets stuck. I've had an o-ring/seal replaced twice. The Tanfoglio 1911 looks and runs like a champ.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

See less See more
#2 ·
Probably very light weight sewing machine oil or the 3-1.
That’s what I would be inclined to use.
That’s just a WAG not science.

#4 ·
I love my Umarex S&W40 CO2 BB pistol. The slide doesn’t move, it has actual magazine (12 BBs) that go in the grip.

I keep meaning to get one of the reciprocating slide versions, but never seem to do so.

#5 ·
the best thin to use IMHO is pelqunoil. a drop on the tip of every second or third power let will keep the seals supple.

Reactions: Rerun
#6 ·
I have a tube of it that I keep in a zip-loc bag, but the tube nozzle leaks and the inside of the bag is coated with the stuff, more oil in the bag than in the tube.

I just took them apart, seem to be lubed sufficiently after 2 years in the boxes.

#7 ·
The seals will dry. Make sure they are still flexible.

Reactions: Dubar and Rerun
#8 ·
My first Crosman CO2 BB gun is an AutoAir II.
I bought it new in 1995. It is a 17 shot pistol with a 480 fps velocity.
It is very accurate and gets 3 full power reloads from a fresh cylinder then, slowly loses power for another 4 reloads until finally after about 125 shots it needs a new cylinder.

Pelgun oil is all I've ever used. A small tube goes a long way.

eldar

#10 ·
@Dubar - where did you get the Luger? No way I can ever afford the real deal and I missed the boat on the Stoger Luger .22. This might be as close as I ever get. Does the slide reciprocate?

#11 ·
I actually got it off Amazon in 2016 for $89. I bought it for the same reason as you mentioned, can't afford a $2500 and up pistol, but I sure would like to have one. And yes, the toggle works and the barrel assy moves back and forth as it fires. I can usually get 60+ shots off on a bottle of C02, I think the gun holds 21 BBs. I have shot it in my garage, range no more than 20ft and have a number of them come back and tag me on the head, so now I wear my shooting glasses, don't wanna put an eye out!

#13 ·
Muchas Gracias. Now I know what to tell TLOML what to get me for Christmas

Reactions: Dubar
#16 ·
If anyone is looking at these, Umarex makes a Luger that doesn't toggle and then the "Blowback" model that does. Blowback is usually a bit more $$$.

There's a number of videos on Youtube also.

The Tanfoglio is a sweet pistol, if their regular firearms are as good then they've got a good product.

#17 ·
The Tanfoglio is a sweet pistol, if their regular firearms are as good then they've got a good product.
Tanfoglio is built like a CZ, and they are an extremely popular "less expensive" European competition gun, so yes....they've got a good product.

#23 · (Edited)
These are two of my favorite air pistols.

The first one is a 0.17 Walther CP-88 pellet gun made in Germany. I replaced the fixed rear sight with an adjustable for elevation and windage rear sight and added a white dot on the front sight.

The revolver is a Series II Crosman Frontier Peacmaker that shoots a .22 pellet. The Series II models were made between 1972 and 1976. A .22 caliber pellets loads into each chamber from the front of the cylinder similar to the way a percussion revolver loads. When shooting this gun with a fresh CO2 cylinder, it feels very similar to shooting a .22 Ruger New Model Single 6 using .22 long rifle ammunition.

The fit and finish are excellent on both guns.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Handgun holster Gun accessory Gun barrel Fashion accessory Metal

Wood Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.