C9 after polishing ramp

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Gainestruk, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Gainestruk

Gainestruk Mike Member

Gentlemen and lady's, this is my first post.
    I took my new C9 to my farm where I have a shooting range set up, I shot 72 rounds of Whinchester white box, first 2 mags with 6 rounds went smooth then I tried to load 8 rounds, first try first round went in and I shot one more then the bullet went in nose down, I pulled back a little on the slide then another round tried to go in, so I pulled slide all way back and used thumb lock and shook both rounds out.

Then I unloaded magazine (I only have one that came with gun) and reloaded with 8 rounds, again first two went in and 3rd jammed nose down same as first time, after that I put 6 rounds at a time with no more problems.
    Sunday I did strip gun down and polished ramp, I didn't have any fine grit sand paper but I did go straight up and down and it looks good and feels very smooth,.
    Do you think it is magazine or ramp that is causing my problems ?

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    It's the mag. C-9s are notorious for having stiff mag springs. Keep it fully loaded when not in use and work it up and down once in a while. It will get better with time and use.

3. Gainestruk

Gainestruk Mike Member

Thanks, i thought that might be it just wanted someone to confirm it ;)

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    That's Funny, thought I had seen those Crazy Eyes ELSEWHERE!!! :rofl:

:welcome:gainestruk!!! :rofl:

5. Gainestruk

Gainestruk Mike Member

Ok mr underground you have my interest peeked where have you seen me :D
    BTW I use same screen name everywhere ;)

6. Gainestruk

Gainestruk Mike Member

Underground think I figured out what you are talking about, I worded it wrong, I should have said this is my first thread. I have posted a couple times on other threads.
    My bad :blush:

7. undeRGRound

INDY
    That is Correct! :D
    We're Good! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hope you stay around! I had relatives named Gaines ;)

8. The problem may be the mag, but most likely the gun is NEW, and not broke in. We loaded our mags for our CF380, and locked the slide back then left the gun, and mags sit for a week. We have not had even one hiccup.

This is also true for most semi autos, many have have stated 200, to 500 round break in period. What that mostly means, IMO, is spring break in.

You can also just sit and rack the slide for an hour or so. That will smooth out the mating surfaces.

Personally I would not do anything to change the gun until you break it in. Then if it still does not perform, send it back to Mom.

ETA HP's perform better new with hot ammo.

9. IDMTfirefighter

IDMTfirefighter Member

taking my C9 to the range tomorrow for the third time. If I have more FTF issues polishing the ramp will be my next chore

10. Bigern

Bigern Member

I'm going to polish my feed ramp too, noticed my SA Mod2 has it polished as well so it must be a good thing :D

11. Recoman

Recoman Supporting Member

Polished mine with a good 60 grit then coated it with some spray on truck bed liner!!! Can't wait to test it out:eek::D;)

12. undeRGRound

INDY
    :rofl: What a CLOWN! ;)

13. Bigern

Bigern Member

You are on the right track Reco!!! I like a little olive oil on the ramp too :D

14. Use baby oil, make that ramp as smooth as a baby's bottom.:p

15. Recoman

Recoman Supporting Member

I slapped some Crisco shortening on there, lettin' it soak in. That baby be so slick, it'll practically be full auto...especially when I slap that 37 round drum in!!!:D

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016