Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
i would vote for the 9mm combo for the simple fact that its what i have!

Also even with re-loading its going to be a little cheaper and i would imagine its easier to get 9mm brass from just about anywhere and probably pretty cheap.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
I have a .40 handgun and a .40 carbine. I like the combo.
I just get discouraged about the lack of options for modifying a 4095 when theres sooo much stuff for the 995.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have the 9mm combo and the .40 JCP, no .40 carbine though. I love all of them and I wouldn't really say that any of them really shoots better than the other, they all shoot really well. So really it's all about your preference of the two calibers. If all else fails you can always get both combos. I did wish I could be able to share magazines with the 995 and the C9 like you can with the 4095 and JCP.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Interchangeable mags kinda gives the JCP 4095 combo an edge. Im hoping they will fix this with the new 995 stock. Im soooo hoping the new 995 stock will accept c9 mags. I know I for one would dance a little jig.

I was looking at my 995 mags and my 10 round c9 mags the other day the only difference is the baseplate so it would be a breeze to retro fit the old mags.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I did not know that 98.6!

Score one for me, Joe JCP!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have all four. The 995 and 4095 perform about the same, ftf's from mine are very rare and both shoot about 2"-3" groups at 75 yards (with preferred ammo). If you hunt deer the 40 is the only one legal in OKLA for that (though not ideal). As for the handguns, the JCP EASILY out shoots the C9 with 4" groups off hand as opposed to 6"-7" at 25 yards (again, stoked with their preferred ammo). I have to give the reliability edge to the JCP as well because it's only hiccups were on Speer Golddot JHP. It eats everything else like candy and NEVER ftf's. That said, I CCW the C9 with 8 round mag because the JCP is FRIGGIN' HUGE. If it had tracks it could be classified as a tank! If you melted it down you could make 3 Toyota corolla's! You get the idea. Factory shipped, the 40's mags interchange, the 9's don't. However, if you have an ATI'd 995, you can butcher, mmm... I mean modify, an ATI hand grip down and use the C9's 10 round mag. I did that about a month ago and it's only had 1 ftf in about 300 rounds. I'll get a photo shop acct and post some pics later. If you reload you can get plenty brass of either caliber online. If you cast your own boolits the cost to reload is virtually the same. Enjoy your HP's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.