c9 and carbine mags.....have you tried it?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by shelbyzman, Apr 7, 2008.

1. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    I know some people say the carbine mags will work in the c9 and some say not to use them. I know that it is a little loose at the bottom in the c9, but what damage could it do though? I was looking forward to using my 995 mags and not having to buy more mags for my c9......

2. All I can tell you is that Hi Point does not recommend it.

If they fit great I am sure that Hi Point would not have a problem, so there must be something that can cause problems there.

3. The 995 mag has a lot of play when inserted in the grip of the C9, this can cause feeding issues for the pistol, damage to the magazine and possible damage to the pistol itself. Yes I tried my 995 mags in my C9 and they worked, but the possibility of damage to my gun or mags is not worth it, not to me anyway. I have enough mags for the 995 and C9 that I should not need to interchange mags, even in a SHTF scenario I still have enough working mags for each gun to see me thru most scenarios I am likely to find myself in.

Bottom line... use the correct mag for each weapon and be happy.

4. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

The trouble with using the 10 round 995 mags in the c-9 is that there's nothing to stop them from going up too far, and bending the firing pin...

I killed two birds with 1 stone...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

C-9 mags in the 995...

5. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    thanks for the info everybody :D
    I guess I will just need to buy me a couple more c9 mags. It isn't worth the risk....
    Uraijit: I guess you figured a way round it :lol:

6. The 40 s&w mags for the carbines fit in the JCP 40 perfect. I bought one a couple of weeks ago. The carbine clip was a identical to the one that came with my JCP- 40. But that's the 40, I don't know about the 9mm. I've heard of people using them, but if Hi Point says not to, I would listen to them.

7. Uraijit,

I thought about doing the same thing to my 995 so I could use the 10rd C9 mags in it, but decided against it because I do not like the handling qualities of the C9 when loaded with the 10rd mags. It is a good idea though if someone does prefer the 10rd C9 mags and wishes to use the same in their 995.