C9 and +P/+P+ Ammo

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Kevin84, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Kevin84

Kevin84 Guest

Looking for first hand experience with the C9 and +P/+P+ Ammo for Self Defense use.

Thanks in advance,
    Kevin

2. your question is kinda vague what do you want to know exactly?

Can you use +p+ ammo in the C9- yes
    Do I have a C9-yes
    Do I use +p+ ammo in my C9-yes

3. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

Ive run smaller lots (100-200 rounds) of +P+ winchester and speer through mine with no ill affects. Beware of the so called israeli +P+ ammo sold on the surplus market. They are factory proof loads and can blow your gun to bits. Stick to american +P+ rounds.

SW

4. Kevin84

Kevin84 Guest

Thanks for the replies. To be more precise, I was curious how much more recoil they produced in it, how they shot in it, and if anyone has noticed any excessive wear on the gun using them.

- Kevin

5. Kevin84

Kevin84 Guest

Bought a 50 round box of Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P from a LE dealer after these replies. I don't trust the Corbon penetration for SD, so I knew I couldn't go wrong with this ammo. I'll post some first hand reports myself once I get it. Only shooting enough of it to get used to accuracy/recoil though, they aren't exactly cheap.

6. Kevin this is gonna sound weird but to me +p+ had less recoil and accuracy was about the same as just regular ammo I can tell you from experience its alot cleaner than the other ammo I shot WWB

7. Mumbles

Mumbles Guest

I didn't notice a difference in recoil with 124 gr Golden Saber +P. They did scuff up the feed ramp some.

8. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

9. its probally a typo check your owners manual and you will know for sure but I know mine is rated for +p+

10. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

With 147 gr +P+ winchester silvertip it will bounce you around more than with standard 115 gr FMJs. Simple physics. To alleviate most of the felt recoil put on a grip sleeve and make sure your hands are set good with dynamic tension.

SW

11. Kevin84

Kevin84 Guest

Wow, I really should've updated this awhile ago. All I can say is, I wish I had the cash to practice with +P's all the time. I noticed increased accuracy at 20yards and LESS recoil. I'm guessing that's because of the increased pressure causing the slide to cycle faster. Course, it did make my ears ring through the cotton. Normal loads don't. :p