Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what the problem is,but when trying to get at the slide retainer pin,the slide won't go back far enough to lock it back
and therefore I cannot get to the pin.Is there a way to disassemble it in another way so I can see what exactly the problem is?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Got my new C9 yesterday and had the same problem, I put a jewlers screwdriver behind the safety to get an xtra 8 or 10,000 of an in. and removed the pin easily, after removing the slide, I used the dremel and small grinder tool to elongate the slide notch to get to the pin, it worked, and I shot it 80 times today, no problem now to take the pin out. Used a black permanant marker to blacken the elongated notch. Jim <><

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the speedy reply,but unfortunately the slide on mine has to move about .125 .175,and that sucker aint budging at all. :'(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was hoping that wasn't the case.I had hopes that someone here would know some kind of magic trick :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought it used,and was able to get to the pin when I cleaned it out the first time.
I have fired off a few hundred rounds and re-cleaned it.Now the slide won't go back
far enough to get at the pin again.

I guess I may have buggered something up when putting it back together the second time. :undecided:

Was hoping there was another way to disassemble without having to get at the slide pin.

·
Registered
317 Posts
When I got my C-9 used a few months ago I had the exact same problem with the slide not going all the way to the rear. I sent mine back to Hi-Point to fix a few other things with a note about the slide. Nothing was done about it, so i guess I may be a normal thing.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I think you may have put the sear in backwards when reassembling.
Take the right side grip off. Use a flat screw driver, and push down on the sear cam.
(this may be difficult) while holding the sear cam down, try to push/pull the slide back.
The safety probably wont go up into the slide lock, so you may have to have someone knock the slide retainer pin out while you hold the slide back.
It is a pain in the rear, but that's how it's done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your the man Unscarred.Beers are on me,brotha.That worked perfectly,and the safety did
actually lock.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had the same problem when I got my C9 last winter. Just did a little filing in the slide and it works fine now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.