C9 Comp for bull's eye

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Ocelot1, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Ocelot1

Ocelot1 Guest

Hello fellow shooters. :)

I am curious if anyone here would recomment the C9 Compensated for bull's eye shooting or even an inexpensive starting pistol for stock service competitions. (of course when required to I will remove the compensator)

I bought a Ruger GP-100 for SSR IDPA matches, but I want to "play the field" until I find my niche.

2. Welcome to the forum Ocelot1!

Where do you plan on doing your bullseye matches? I am still trying to get involved with the USAF Pistol Team, but I am not getting much information from my point of contact.... I don't know about the comp version working for that type of shooting, but you can always try it out and see how it does.

3. Ocelot1

Ocelot1 Guest

I am just going to local matches right now. Small time stuff.

Before I invest in more expensive equipment (most likely a XD9) I want to get a feel for the flow of such a competition. I won't sell the hi-point, I'll keep it for HD if it doesn't work out.

4. With the low price of the C9 I would say go for it. If it doesn't work for competition it is still a fun plinker.

5. I think the C9 would be great for sport shooting. I think my C9 is the most accurate gun I have it shoots strait as an arrow.

6. bud

bud Member

Both my C9 and JHP 45 were tremendous right out of the box.
    I thought I could do a little better with the 45 and ended up making it worse. Had to put it back where I started. Shows you what I know. Bud

7. Ocelot1

Ocelot1 Guest