Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

C9 comp???

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Capt Cook 
#1 ·
Does the compensator come off? If so, how much of the barrel sticks out of the slide? They have one at my local shop that's been there for a long time. I think I could offer just about anything and get it, but I don't like the way it looks with the compensator.

#2 ·
Yes the compensator comes off. I believe about 1/2 inch or a little more of the barrel sticks out past the slide. You can go to Hi-Point and look at the manuals and see the exact measurement on the barrel length.

If you take off the compensator you will have barrel sticking out of the receiver for sure.

Why would you want to take off the compensator?

#3 ·
Dangum, I WISH I could have a C9 comp. I love the way they look. I've heard that the extra barrel makes them more accurate. Never experienced it though. If you could make an offer and possibly take it home for less than retail that would be awesome. It would surely make an excellent edition to any collection.

#5 ·
The only difference between the C9 and the C9-Comp is the compensator and the added length in the barrel for the compensator. The magazines are interchangeable on both pistols.

I would like to have the C9-Comp to go with my C9, but the dealer I buy from hasn't gotten any yet.

#6 ·
For myself, I definitely want to get the C9 Comp over the C9.
The extra barrel length, Compensator, & the fact that you get an 8 & a 10 shot Magazine means more Bang for your Buck!!

If I wanted a CCW gun I would probably go for the C9 but for me that is not the case.

The most important thing is what is right for you & for me it's the C9 Comp.

#7 ·
I wanted the C9Comp but I couldn't find one around here. Nothing wrong with the C9 I got but thought the compensator looked really cool. Think it and the original 995 are a match made in Heaven.

#8 ·
I love my C9, wouldn't trade it for anything. On that note I just want something that is familiar. I'm weird like that(2 SKSs 2 995s). And if I can get it cheaper, and have the extra barrel length wire edm off, even better. Besides I'm not a big guy, so the C9 compact fits my hand like a full size. Just my thought process.

#11 ·
I called over to Hi-Point & talked to one of the Techs.
What he told me was that the extra barrel length did not increase muzzle velocity or range.
He didn't comment on whether or not it would increase accuracy but he seemed to indicate that the shooter was the one that could increase the accuracy.
He did say that the Compensator should reduce recoil by 20-25%.
I looked at the online manual & it says that with the Compensator it would Increase noise. My guess is that sound is deflected towards you, so it sounds louder.
It also stated that Debris could be deflected back towards you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.